Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peeved in Puna
(09-21-2021, 03:58 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Not referring to Shipman's "New Keaau" but the proposed subdivision of State land below HPP, behind the new police station. This would include full infrastructure so as to avoid "repeating the mistakes of the past". I don't remember who proposed it.
Both Harry Kim had given Shipman’s subdivision Approval in an emergency proclamation and they had gave some money to plan a refugee subdivision between HPP and Hawaiian Beaches.
Don’t know what of that still holds?
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...structure/

I still have a hard time understanding how local media cannot read a map. This reporter has no idea where Leilani Estates begins and ends.
Should the County not have to pay back the water association if they receive federal funds related to that water line?
I was corrected about our water main that we deeded back to the county. It was just short of a mile but they still are getting about 2 million in Federal Funds for that water line.
Our agreement was that they maintain the waterline and provide us with water.

No waterline, no water and now they get millions !
(09-24-2021, 12:11 AM)Obie Wrote: Our agreement was that they maintain the waterline and provide us with water.

Sounds clear cut, are you going to sue?
The County counts all the privately maintained road mileage in its inventory when it applies for federal money. But doesn’t count traffic fatalities on private roads.
They are so blatant about cooking the books it would make a mobster blush
Right, count the private roads for Federal reimbursement, then when the money comes, insist that the roads are still private and so not eligible for funding.

Meanwhile, insist that every house on those roads be fully permitted, built by licensed contractors, certified by County inspectors, so as to create the best possible real estate values for taxation, and insist all along that it's not a scam, even when there's an "assigned risk pool" for the insurance.
It's not just the private roads, the County is refusing to restore public roads as well

I'd say thank goodness for HPIA, but on the other hand, all those years of premiums weren't cheap.