Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogie Woogie pizza blues
Used to stop by Boogie Woogie occasionally after calling to make a pickup.
I always killed about a 1/2 hour before leaving home, then had to kill another 1/2 hr regularly when I got there, wasn't really a problem, just SOP to get a BW pizza.

Then, the place changed hands.
The price of my standard order went up 10% while the onsite wait went up to 3/4 to an hour.
Two days ago, I picked up an up scale frozen pizzas from Malama for 1/2 the price and a little smaller than my usual BW.
Ate it last night and today.
I think I've gone back to store bought frozen pizzas again.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
We do the store bought pizza thing too. Usually a Digiorno and add more toppings like ham more mozzarella cheese tomatoes, etc. It’s usually pretty good, but sometimes you just want to go “out”.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Little Caesars thin crust with ham and pineapple. Smile
Thought I’d give Boogie Woogie another chance so I called them this evening. They answered on the second ring. Ordered the pizza and she said it would be ready in about 25 minutes. It was. Picked it up got it home and had some delicious pizza.
They are now back on our rotation.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
We like their pizza, and we like to support Ophelia who does good things for Pahoa all these years.

Having said that, best pizza hands down is the new Scicchitano's Pizzeria in Hilo, in the old Pizza Hawaii location. Authentic New York style, for real. Perfect crust, fresh from scratch toppings and sauces, everything tasty. Salads and entrees besides pizzas.

We also like the pizzas up at the Papa'aloa Store if we are up that way. Excellent, although the combos are their own flair and not truly purely Italian.
Please support our only wellspring of REAL Pizza.

Do errands in town, take home. It's just as good ' cold ' or warm.

To passenger holding on lap .... No picking allowed.
I'll be back next week. Can't wait to try it out!
(09-26-2021, 06:45 AM)randomq Wrote: "Where else you gonna go?"

Maybe the new Thai place at the new mall? Haven't ordered a pizza since Pizza Hawaii closed.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I was there last day and could tell they demoralized.

Scicchitano's is da Phoenix rising with vast improvement.
Chas, I know I will know on pizza .. But please try the " Philly Cheese steak and report to us NY/ Jersey wannaloves ..lol