Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS - The US's pride.
Two days in Pahoa is nothing compared to how long packages disappear for in Honolulu for me sometimes.
I had one wait there for a month. Fortunately, it was only one time.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
It's time for the private sector to completely take over USPS operations and permanently dislodge itself from Uncle Sam's teat.

Although I fear the dissolution of the rural post offices in our far flung outposts like Hatch, UT or Comptche, CA or Ochopee, FL or even the aptly name Remote, OR.
(11-11-2021, 06:15 AM)AaronM Wrote: It's time for the private sector to completely take over USPS operations and permanently dislodge itself from Uncle Sam's teat. 

Although I fear the dissolution of the rural post offices in our far flung outposts like Hatch, UT or Comptche, CA or Ochopee, FL or even the aptly name Remote, OR.
Oh come on, Hatch is a lovely place, Its where many people from CA have been moving instead of coming to Hawaii.
My galfriend has an Amazon order in the works.
Per its tracking number, USPS has had it in Honolulu since last Monday, 6 days.
It's not exactly moving right along.
Thank you, Trumpster for fixing the P.O.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
(11-14-2021, 11:40 AM)1voyager1 Wrote: My galfriend has an Amazon order in the works.
Per its tracking number, USPS has had it in Honolulu since last Monday, 6 days.
It's not exactly moving right along.
Thank you, Trumpster for fixing the P.O.
Have you contacted USPS about your orders? 

Has your gal friend done the same? 

Are the orders now beyond their expected delivery date?
Wahine

Lead by example
(11-14-2021, 11:40 AM)1voyager1 Wrote: Thank you, Trumpster for fixing the P.O.

The USPS has been on a downhill slide loooong before “Trumpster”.  If you want to point fingers, point toward Congress.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Mail order biz since 1999 ish here. Sweet spots on shipping for various sizes. Those in the business know. USPS still a fav. Yep, some get hung up now, try wait. Q: Do you want to pay almost double ?

Please let me know.
Often packages from amazon get stuck in that slow post service, forget it's name; they come by barge Ha Ha!  But immediately upon notice from Amazon that package is running late and I'm eligible for a refund I request the refund.  Sometimes a few weeks later the package arrives but Amazon true to it's word does refund to my credit card on the date they determine.  Once in a while it requires a chat for refund but they are accommodating.  Also I get 90 day supplies of meds thru my insurance.  They stopped using USPS a couple of months ago, meds used to cook in box along the road.  Now I get direct to my door medication delivery UPS whereas for snail mail I have the street-side boxes, I've had HC3 now for 20 years.  Often though, get the dreaded pick up at post office slip.  Kea'au has a bunch of new package boxes and that has cut down on 1 hour wait but OMG Xmas is coming.  Praying no one sends me stuff thru USPS. Happy Holidays OLE and Punawebbers.
The worst service is UPS surepost.

It starts out UPS but they turn it over to the USPS for final delivery. It works great if you're on the mainland, here not so much. I have one package that UPS turned over to the USPS on October 128th and it's now in the USPS black hole waiting for the container to get full and then be loaded on a container ship. No new ETA.