Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gov. David Ige says state indoor mask mandate to end March 25
My P100 did have the benefit of stopping hippie body odors...
It could take a little, or a long, time for some to abandon their masks . The article mentions that masking is still recommended at this time for certain people and also for everyone in special circumstances.

One of the few good things to come out of the pandemic is that mask wearing will have become somewhat normalized from now on. When we learn that flu or Covid is circulating aggressively, for instance, some people will once again bust out their masks and won't be perceived as weirdos for doing so.

Societal pressure on those who are suffering from respiratory illness symptoms will be reversed from "gotta go to work anyway" to "stay the hell home".
I was not aware of any societal pressure on those with respiratory illness to go to work while sick.

More like economic pressure from short sighted employers.
You mean the Protestant work ethic no longer exists?  Big Grin

Whatever you want to call it, either self inflicted or from the boss, the pressure has definitely been there.    

"The most common reason employees gave for going to work sick: that they had too much work to do (54%), followed by not wanting to use a sick day (40%) and pressure from their employer (34%)." 

90% (Pre Covid) say they come to work sick-  https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/03/90percen...-that.html
I can hear HOTPE mentally composing it's post about you guys griping even when you finally got what you wanted.

That’s quite good!
If I ever take a few days off from posting are you available to fill in for me?
I'm genuinely honored and flattered.  However,  I could never keep up with the sheer volume of posts or time on the platform that you are committed to.   Also, and with the greatest respect, maybe the break from your presence would benefit both you and the rest of us a great deal.   Tongue
Keep it local  Heart
maybe the break from your presence 

That option is already available to you!
It's not required reading!
There's no pop quiz at the end of the day!
I was wrong, the students will still be required to wear masks inside after the 25th. The only mask mandate in the entire country will apply only to Hawaii school children. What’s the science or reasoning behind that?
There isn’t any definitive science in either direction on that. Certainly one could come up with a rational argument in favor of it, though I’m personally opposed to continued masking in schools.

TSA extended mask requirements on airlines into April today.
(03-10-2022, 10:55 AM)HawaiiEV Wrote: What’s the science or reasoning behind that?

Masks work to prevent, slow, the transmission of respiratory infections. 

I think the real question is what qualifies folks to think they know better than the science? When they rush into the ER and beg a doctor to save them they don't argue, why now?