Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"Work Efforts Beneficial For Everyday (Puna) Society"
(05-11-2023, 05:19 AM)Obie Wrote: My Granddaughter knew about it and was there.

As did countless people on the island, all knowing when AstroDay was happening and all interested in astronomy and science; families from the youngest kids to grandparents. Obviously, that didn't include 'elepaio and his family.
Astro Day Last Saturday from HELCO site.
Astro Day Hilo 2023. Date:05/06/2023; Time:10:00 AM to 4:00 PM; WhereTonguerince Kuhio Plaza, Hilo, Hawaii; Island:Hawaii Island.
(05-11-2023, 07:49 AM)TomK Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 05:19 AM)Obie Wrote: My Granddaughter knew about it and was there.

As did countless people on the island, all knowing when AstroDay was happening and all interested in astronomy and science; families from the youngest kids to grandparents. Obviously, that didn't include 'elepaio and his family.

TomK - you have repeatedly proven to us all that you are a basic jerk and cannot stand this person so why not stop responding to their posts? You should try the ignore feature. It would help out the entire forum.
stop responding to their posts?  It would help out the entire forum.

Here's another idea.  If the unprovoked attacks weren't posted in the first place, there would be no reason to reply.  Why not go to the source with your suggestion?  It would be even more of a help to the entire forum because we wouldn't have to read the generally unconstructive, uninformative, discourteous initial comment that almost never adds anything positive to the conversation, which then and only then elicits a reply.  
Here's a way to gain skills in Hilo, that may then be used to benefit everyday Puna society.  One year of free community college tuition and some expenses:

Hawaiʻi Community College’s Ēlama and Hilo One scholarship programs — which provides one year of free community college to young people or older adults with “compelling barriers.”

To qualify for the scholarship, a person must be a first-generation college student (have taken less than 12 credit hours) and have financial challenges, be unemployed or work a complex schedule. 

https://bigislandnow.com/2023/05/11/hawa...-for-free/
^^ sounds a rather cruel catch 22 way to "qualify"
(05-11-2023, 10:05 PM)leilanidude Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 07:49 AM)TomK Wrote: As did countless people on the island, all knowing when AstroDay was happening and all interested in astronomy and science; families from the youngest kids to grandparents. Obviously, that didn't include 'elepaio and his family.

TomK - you have repeatedly proven to us all that you are a basic jerk and cannot stand this person so why not stop responding to their posts? You should try the ignore feature. It would help out the entire forum.

HHAHAHAHA! my sentiments exactly.  Im wondering how many people are in this forum. seems like less than 10? same name all over threads. and the bitter-sweet responses keeps going on and on.. and Im just here checking in randomly eating my popcorn. People came here for obvious reason ...  IDLENESS...some want to be entertained, some posts for attention, some wanted to be appreciated for their omniscience (This one is "axiomatic") and so on and so forth.   Am i right or I AM RIGHT?  Big Grin 

i loveeeeeeeee this mental asylum. hahaha!
SARCASM is my 1st language. Cool
lol and hello virtual Igsuan, happy you are here and appreciate your first language : ) Can slow eat these days, yeah, don't choke on pedantic dramas fromafew,, sigh, most quality posters gone.

To quote Phil , you should have been here an hour ago.

You would have loved this Punaweb before.
HHAHAHAHA! ...  Im wondering how many people are in this forum. seems like less than 10?

Probably less than that! If you don't count pog's sock puppets as separate posters!
(05-12-2023, 05:59 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: HHAHAHAHA! ...  Im wondering how many people are in this forum. seems like less than 10?

Probably less than that! If you don't count pog's sock puppets as separate posters!

NOT sure who POG is since im only months old here. But whoever he is, he must have done something right to be relevant to you.  Cool

ramas fromafew,, sigh, most quality posters gone.

To quote Phil , you should have been here an hour ago.

You would have loved this Punaweb before.

Means, Im in a wrong time now?  Lol. Im just here because Ive got NOTHING ELSE to do. Im bored.  Keyboard is life for somebody who has no life.  Dont u find it interesting? Hahaha Big Grin
SARCASM is my 1st language. Cool