Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Not Bland Asian restaurant in Keaau
Gee I don't know, you're the one who wanted to discuss movies and music on a thread about food.

Feel free to start your own thread about those topics if you find yourself so inclined.
Jeeze, the things that set some people off. I sincerely apologize to the numbnuts and whackjobs for my taste in food and that it may not be the same as yours, what a horrible thing I did by saying a liked the food at a restaurant. And of course, my country of birth is relevant so is clearly uppermost in some people's minds and therefore must be mentioned. However, I do admit I don't like marmite.
Apology accepted!  

Vegemite runs circles around marmite anyway.
I just want to know, for terracore's sake, is it yet another bland Asian food place?
As far as this and other food "opinions", just go and try it for yourself. I posted the thread about the pizza place but didn't include any "review". I feel it is unfair to assume others will feel the same as I do about the taste of the food.

I remember people raving about how good Lucy's was. Now that they are out of business, I can say it. It was the worst food I ever had in my life. So bad that after I had lunch there, just the thought of ANY food was revolting, and that feeling lasted the whole day. But I never said so on this thread while they were in business.

I feel like it's not my place to decide, especially for a new establishment, if the food is good or bad. How do I know if YOU would like it just because I didn't?
Thanks Chas for being honest. 

My husband and I have tried Peppercorn Spice. 

I’m not going to state an opinion as if I said we liked it, some would argue that it’s terrible. If I said we hated it, some would argue it’s the best on the planet. 

And then, those too cheap or whatever for not trying it themselves, would simply claim that my palate is bland due to my nationality, gender, name, or color of my hair.
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
Chas Wrote:I remember people raving about how good Lucy's was. Now that they are out of business, I can say it. It was the worst food I ever had in my life.
If you're talking about Lucy's Okazuya, yeah I liked it quite a bit. The exception being their musubi. I like my musubi spam fried and if they fried theirs it wasn't enough to notice. Did they open anything else after closing the okazuya? But then I like Hiro’s Place in Hilo too. I'm sorry to hear the Okazuya in Lahaina won't be rebuilt. I'm sure I bought stuff there years ago. There used to be several small okazuya spread around Maui. Some were very small.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
We tried the Peppercorn Spice House restaurant today for lunch.

It's not bland!

They have a lunch special which we both had.  It comes with soup, salad, choice of entrée, and rice.  They are about $15.  We had Mongolian beef and kung pao chicken.  I also had an order of pork egg rolls.

Food was great!  The wife commented that it was the best Mongolian beef she's had in Hawaii.  The Kung Pao chicken was also excellent, though it was a little salty for my taste.  The pork egg rolls were as good as any I've had, and I don't know what the dipping sauce is called but it was also excellent.

Because we had our dog with us we took ours to go and the salad was already half cooked by the time we got to the car because it's all in the same box, so consider that if getting take out.

We will definitely go back.  I'll try to paste the menu below.

temp1
kung-pao
I like Thai food. It is healthy, fresh and can be spicy if you like. I think American Chinese food is horrid. I imagine that it is less horrid —and horrifying— than Chinese Chinese food, but I will never know as I will never go.
(08-30-2023, 12:56 AM)Kelena Wrote: I like Thai food. It is healthy, fresh and can be spicy if you like. I think American Chinese food is horrid.  I imagine that it is less horrid —and horrifying— than Chinese Chinese food, but I will never know as I will never go.

I'll probably try one of their Thai curries during our next visit.