Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kona Airport Closures
Southwest had a flight from OAK just divert to HNL too.
Sigh. The best laid plans...
They're back!!!

Cracks that is. At least I did not hear of any necessary long haul flight diversions this time.

https://youtu.be/TCJRDdmJa_E?si=vxlL8m-I1ZPz54EV
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
You know, this just doesn't come as a surprise. Oh well, business as usual. What caught my attention was something the passenger said right at the start of the video.

"Deplane the plane"

I remember hearing this phrase on American Airlines decades ago and wondered what else you'd deplane if it wasn't a plane. They also had this awful speech by a flight attendant after landing wishing you the best "wherever your destination takes you". For me, I'm happy to reach my destination without it taking me somewhere else.
"wherever your destination takes you". For me, I'm happy to reach my destination without it taking me somewhere else."
(04-13-2024, 08:28 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:"wherever your destination takes you". For me, I'm happy to reach my destination without it taking me somewhere else."

And? Do you have something to say?
(04-13-2024, 08:21 AM)TomK Wrote: You know, this just doesn't come as a surprise. Oh well, business as usual. What caught my attention was something the passenger said right at the start of the video.

"Deplane the plane"

I remember hearing this phrase on American Airlines decades ago and wondered what else you'd deplane if it wasn't a plane. They also had this awful speech by a flight attendant after landing wishing you the best "wherever your destination takes you". For me, I'm happy to reach my destination without it taking me somewhere else.
 Yes, either drop the redundancy or add more words.  Such as "deplane the plane happen to be sitting on", as opposed to that other one sitting next to us on the tarmac.  

After the waiting and boarding process, being instructed to deplane is quite demoralizing.

I've heard "wherever your travels take you" and "wherever your final destination may be".  (Ah, you mean the crematorium? Smile
Sounds like your flight attendant absent mindedly mixed up/combined those phrases.

So, the major airport work begins in August, with an incredible price tag of $120 million.  I wonder if there will be more runway closures during this process. 

https://www.civilbeat.org/2024/01/hawaii...na-runway/

"The governor remarked on how fast the Kona airport work was performed, given Hawaii’s reputation as moving slow on construction projects..."
Big Grin
(04-13-2024, 03:50 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote: I've heard "wherever your travels take you" and "wherever your final destination may be".  (Ah, you mean the crematorium? Smile
Sounds like your flight attendant absent mindedly mixed up/combined those phrases.

So, the major airport work begins in August, with an incredible price tag of $120 million.  I wonder if there will be more runway closures during this process. 

https://www.civilbeat.org/2024/01/hawaii...na-runway/

"The governor remarked on how fast the Kona airport work was performed, given Hawaii’s reputation as moving slow on construction projects..."
Big Grin

I don't mind the announcements you quote, at least they make sense, but had never given much thought to the "final destination" until you mentioned it! As for the construction work, what does the Gov mean by "was performed"? The actual construction project is supposed to begin in August, the work being done right now is just repair work to keep the main runway available. That happens all over the world every day.
I feel like $120 million should buy a profitable paving company, not one job.
(04-14-2024, 04:32 AM)randomq Wrote: I feel like $120 million should buy a profitable paving company, not one job.

Did you mean competent or dependable?  One job for $120 million seems profitable to me.
Wahine

Lead by example