Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

Jon,
Is the reason you feel alienated is because of the comments Damon made to your post on the political form here on Puna Web regarding Fred Blas? Did he make you feel uncomfortable? Is that why you don’t think you’ll fit in? This should a very exciting time in your life....

Jon runs a Snitz Bulletin board. I think he was being sarcastic!

Meaning... Bad news for all of us living here.... "Because one more transplant is moving over here"

I doubt that a Texan like Jon would be intimidated over a simple comment in a political thread. [Wink]

And if Jon was feeling "Alienated" because of something I said...

I apologize in advance.

The only thing I don't like about Texans.... is their love for the Dallas Cowboys [Big Grin]

-------
It is the way... the way it is.
Yes, Jon did not really mean it was bad news for him, or for Puna for that matter. Just a funny way of announcing he is en route. Typical Texas deadpan humor.

Hawaii has more in common with the South in some ways than any other part of the mainland. So, come as you are! If you need a dose of rodeo, go to Waimea!
quote:
Originally posted by Glen

Hawaii has more in common with the South in some ways than any other part of the mainland.

Hey, Hawaii is THE most southern state in the USA! Wink

Being from the 'land of cotton ... not forgotten', I have long been making this point. \

...country air, hot weather, green stuff growing everywhere, flies and mosquitoes, 'rednecks' = 'local boyz', dogs, chicken fights, pick-up trucks, guitars, shacks, ...

Jim Nabors, North Carolinian transplanted to Maui, has also made the same point many times, e.g., "Plate lunches" in Hawaii, "Lunch plates" in Tennessee. Ever hear of Willie Nelson?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
quote:
Being from the 'land of cotton ... not forgotten', I have long been making this point.

Hey we have cotton here!! A fine Hawaiian cotton - although otu in Honomu it was growing to cotton tree size not plants! About 12-15' tall!

And welcome to Puna Jon!
Good luck Jon.. I'm sure you'll fit right in. I hope to be comming right behind you in the near future. I'm counting on y'all (thats short for you all Ms.Carrey lol.. not ya'all Smile to find us some good bbq and mescan food.. From where in Tx did you escape? I'm just outside of Austin. Hope y'all have a safe trip.

PS: For all the rest of y'all the word intimidated and Texan is kinda like one them oximorans.. im sure he was just funnin with ya.

Blessings,
dave

Dear IRS. I would like to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Wow... Ok...
1) I have very thick skin... It is true I have ran a web forum for years and a BBS before that so the skin is very thick. If there were some nasty things said on the political forum, I missed them. As far as Politics are concerned. I like the game, I like to learn and I love it when I am wrong.

2) Yes the Bad news comment was in jest. consider everything I post in jest.

3) Never ever take what I post to seriously and remember that ideas and opinions are all good and should be shared, even if you don't like them you might learn a little by hearing them.

BTW we are in Tucson today... working our way west... just 4 more days....

Texan Moving to Puna on July 3rd 2008.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Dave M...
We are moving from Fort Worth, but I was born in Fort Stockon and the wife was born in Cisco.

should I bring up the rule about asking where a man if from... [Wink]

Texan Moving to Puna on July 3rd 2008.
Hey, I'm from Illinois (with no sss) so wada I know??? (I do remember that my mother, born & raised in LA, who went to Auburn University, would always refer to my friends with the 'y'all'... it was sooo weird! Never knew how to spell it, just how to roll my eyes when mom said it....)

Jon, you guys will be here right in time for SCUBA Sunday/ beach day/ water fun this sunday.... we can bring extra chairs if you need....
& we will have the kayaks & such so come on down!
Oh... and there is a chilli & BBQ cook off in Hilo on the 3rd & 4th
Hey Jon,

I'm ROTFLOL (rolling on the floor laughing out loud) If he is he'll tell ya if not.. why embarrase him. No lets not bring up that rule.. least wise not here.. These are some great folks and they'll help any way possible. Have a safe trip!

Blessings,
dave

Dear IRS. I would like to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Carey...I don't think we can make it this Sunday, we have to setup house... (currently just a shell)
Is that a monthly event or what? I want to get into SCUBA so I need to start someplace.

Dave M.... I thought you would like that.