Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police on Red Road
Is your house solidly securable with deadbolts? A minimum 5' fence and lockable gate. A good quality burglar alarm (remote features) with battery backup. good loud dogs(preferably fenced).

If you don't converse with your neighbors for joint watches,then the fence routine will be necessary, and all the above included. Now if you call a cop, he can at least see that these guys are pro's and dangerous. How did they break in? You as a citizen have responsibility on your side by protecting yourself as best you can.

Oink is definetly right about the election and the need for more cops
Gordon J Tilley
Ive learned not to put much faith in the Hawaii Police Dept protecting my property.. [B)]

You have to protect your own stuff!!!

Take responsibility for your own property and don't expect anyone else to do it for you and you'll be much better off.

My former neighbor once told me his secret for not getting ripped off...

Fencing
Large Dog
Alarm
Firearm/Shotgun
and 1 Very Large Hole [Big Grin]

Make sure you record times and dates of problems; and times and dates of your calls. Get names of people you talk to. That is good information for your lawyer (a recommendation I seldom make and never make lightly).

Last Wed. there were a minimum of 4 police officers (3 uniformed and one plainclothes) tied up in Hilo because of a Council Committee meeting about Puna. On whose orders did that happen?
And, meanwhile, PROTECTION OF LIFE AND PROPERTY IN PUNA is dismissed outright by the Police Department.

Does anyone know a good civil rights lawyer?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
If you are not calling the Police each and every time a crime occurs, you are part of the no presence problem.

Take it from me, you haven’t a leg to stand on when complaining about Police presence if you’re claiming there is crime and the Police pull out their call record showing only few calls. You can’t expect them to know what the problems are if you remain silent.

You call, the crime numbers start increasing, the police are under the gun, response and presence improves.

That’s the simple fact of the matter.
SB & I noticed this last week that there has been an increase of police on Red Road. There was actually it seemed a DUI checkpoint right past 4-Corners.

Things are looking up!
That is my point - diligence - call the Police and don't have the attitude of there is nothing I can do. Too many people just roll over. Get a papertrail here. With the growth in lower Puna we will need alot more police presence. I have not in the past, and will not in the future hesitate to call them for any reason, no matter how small, if a law was broken. I hope others will all do the same.

Will the highways on the Internet become more few?
--George w. Bush

Concord, NH
01/29/2000
----just sayin'
I would also suggest contacting your councilperson to represent the issue to the administration.

Councilwoman Emily Naeole 961-8267
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
what are(who?)the "new pohoiki groupies"

i've never seen them, haven't been down there in about a month or so
From what I have observed all the police are usually traveling together in a suv train and they cannot be in more than one place at a time!

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,and neither do we." George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at Green's comment. That was too funny ... and all too apt.

Not that it's funny that things are like that, just a great comment. [Wink]