Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenoi - Bar fight in 2004?
This is a cut and paste of something I tried to post on Bisop's site and on Damon's site this morning. I doubt it will make it on either so I'm putting it here too.

The reason this has been edited is because in my original post here I forgot to say this was in response to a post by Hunter Bishop on his blog regarding last night's Mayoral Forum at the UH.

"First, I agree with your assessment of who won the debate last night. Angel Pilago certainly was the most impressive of the bunch.

As for Billy, I was astounded by his answer to the question regarding the incident at Shooters. If you believe Billy then you are required to also believe everyone else, including the security guard and the police, are lying.

Lastly, like you many of us out here in the ether are curios as to why Billy's name didn't show up on the Police Blotter. And that question brings up another thought for you to ponder. To wit, if you make a very easily made assumption as to why Billy's name didn't show up on the Police Blotter, maybe it goes a long way toward explaining why people who are critical of Billy are also insisting on anonymity in this case."

Ya, I misspelled "curious", duh.
quote:
Originally posted by George

quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

quote:
Originally posted by anonym...

I don't want to hurt any ones career.

Please if you might, give us your background in relation to these cases and Billy Kenoi?

In order to review your postings with some understanding, were you involved in these situations? Or is this like my mom sending me some paranoid email that someone forwarded to her? Are you the victim's parent or relative? Are you just someone from another candidate's campaign headquarters?

Just like to know where you are coming from.

***No offense is intended**** Just curiosity.

I don't know anonym but it occurs to me there is another possibility for his writing, in addition to what you suggest.

Could it be that he's just a citizen who wants a Mayor who tells the truth?

All this assassinating of the messenger that's going on is interesting but I tell you what. Don't believe anybody, not even me. Just listen to Billy's explanation of the incident and read the Police Reports. Then make up your own mind.

I just sent this to Damon, my guess is he won't post it. It addresses his response to a post of mine on his blog. Yes, I'm pissed.

"Damon - George, let’s move on already ok? I don’t feel the need or time to sit here and defend a smear that was done by an anonymous website."

My response:

Damn that comment is offensive on so many levels.

First, I find it offensive that you say you are more concerned with where the information came from that what the information is. Is that so you can attack those people who provided the information directly?

Second, apparently it is lost on you that a person may not want a liar and thug as their Mayor and that could be their motivation for bringing facts to light. Well, here's a clue for you bud, some of us out here think it's time our politicians actually tell us the truth, and maybe even act within the law; apparently that motivation never occurred to you. Well dude, here's another clue for you: Political "hackism" is foreign to most of us and we take offense at being lumped in with those who apparently know nothing else and consequently expect it to be universal.

Third, your insistence that this is a smear because this has been brought to light by someone who wishes to remain anonymous is offensive because it flies in the face of common sense, not to mention reality. Look at EVERY story that outs a politician for misdeeds and you'll find one of two situations.

a) The source identifies themselves and they are immediately attacked, and often destroyed.

b) The source doesn't identify them self and having done their civic duty, unless someone spills the beans, they just go on with their lives.

My feeling is anybody who focuses on the "who" brought the facts to light instead of the "facts" themselves does so because they want to assassinate the messenger in order to protect their boy, and that is offensive to me.

Last, apparently you believe everybody on the Big Island is stupid enough to fall for your nonsense that there is no story because nobody has fallen on their sword by telling you who they are. I find offensive that you take us all so cheap. But I tell you what, I think the people are smart enough to actually look at the facts instead of falling for your misdirection."
quote:

I just sent this to Damon, my guess is he won't post it. It addresses his response to a post of mine on his blog. Yes, I'm pissed.

"Damon - George, let’s move on already ok? I don’t feel the need or time to sit here and defend a smear that was done by an anonymous website."

Listen brah... If going to my website gets your panties all tied up in a knot, I suggest you don't go there.[}Smile] I don't care about the facts or the reports, its the anonymous way that they were leaked that's my issue.

I can't even believe I'm taking the time to respond to this.

To keep this on subject, if you want to see a bunch of drunk politicians, I suggest you go down to the legislature after the opening day ceremonies.[:p]

-------
blog
quote:
I don't know anonym but it occurs to me there is another possibility for his writing, in addition to what you suggest.

Could it be that he's just a citizen who wants a Mayor who tells the truth?

All this assassinating of the messenger that's going on is interesting but I tell you what. Don't believe anybody, not even me. Just listen to Billy's explanation of the incident and read the Police Reports. Then make up your own mind.

There are a lot of people who post on Punaweb. Those that I have some knowledge of who/why/motivation makes more of an impact than so-and-so telling me some story. This is not Columbia - this is Hilo darn it - and we do have freedom of speech to say whatever we want except maybe yell fire in a theater. There isnt the Hilo mafia who will gun him down for speaking their mind. Okay maybe the aunties will give them stink eye but...

What has happened with the internet is that no one has to stand behind what they say.

I guess I give more credence to those who stand up and say I am so and so and this is my belief. Dr. J for example, Damon as another.

I have only seen the police reports on this story in the email that was sent around by akamaivoters.com

Here is an example of things that can happen and be twisted - I have a friend with a pink diaper bag (oh yah and a 9 mo old). He is also a pig hunter. You may have seen his arrest a few months ago at the state bldg. (allegedly) put unloaded gun in pink diaper while leaving pig hunting site because only had two hands and was carrying baby in car seat, bag, gun and ice chest. Changed Diaper bags when wife took baby. Two weeks later forgot gun still in bag. Took bag and baby to hilo to state bldg for something. Arrested. Police report says one thing. We saw it and all said without even having seen him yet - pig hunting is involved here somewhere. Then saw him and he told us story. He is going to lose so much for a error in judgement. If someone had posted this story in the negative light - you would think he was a terrorist wanna be trying to take over the state bldg with gun and pink diaper bag

All he was - was a parent with not enough hands and too much on his plate and a pink diaper bag.

Personally if I find out another candidate is behind this - I am writing them and telling them how they lost my vote.

If it is the victim F/F's then a little more credence will be given.

Also its very interesting that akamaivoters.com sent around an email on Billy Kenoi but not stacy higa?? Whats up with that?

Bar fight bad?

Sexual harrassment okay?

Kudos to Ms Kubat.
http://www.bigislandweekly.com/articles/...ment01.txt

We may have actually found an honest reporter.
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

quote:

Listen brah... If going to my website gets your panties all tied up in a knot, I suggest you don't go there.[}Smile] I don't care about the facts or the reports, its the anonymous way that they were leaked that's my issue.

I can't even believe I'm taking the time to respond to this.

To keep this on subject, if you want to see a bunch of drunk politicians, I suggest you go down to the legislature after the opening day ceremonies.[:p]

-------
blog

1) "I don't care about the facts or the reports..." That's been pretty obvious from the get-go.

2) "if you want to see a bunch of drunk politicians, I suggest you go down to the legislature after the opening day ceremonies." So, you're saying there are lots of bar fights after the legislature opens? And, you're saying those legislators are then caught lying about those fights? And finally, you're saying because legislators (or anybody else) do bad stuff it's ok for our Mayoral candidates to do bad stuff?

3) I'm impressed with you desire to protect Billy from this "smear". Now if you would just show some concern for the truth of all this I'd really be impressed.

4) I suggest you spend some effort un-knotting your own panties, brah.
"Also its very interesting that akamaivoters.com sent around an email on Billy Kenoi but not stacy higa?? Whats up with that?

Bar fight bad?

Sexual harrassment okay?
"

Well, Mr. Higa has already been taken to task by the media. I assume if Mr. Kenoi had received equal scrutiny by the media as Mr. Higa has, akamaivoters.com wouldn't exist. In fact, that difference is exactly the reason for the site's existence. One guy gets hung, one guy skates. No, I'm not a Higa supporter. I'm not anybodies supporter; I just think people should be provided ALL the information, not just the pap. Give 'em the information and let them decide. We call that idea the foundation of Democracy and the bad guys are ALWAYS trying to stop it.

I really don't get what's so difficult to understand here. All anybody is asking is that you compare Billy's account of the events at Shooters to the description given in the police reports. Listen, read, make up you mind. Pretty simple stuff.

But instead of encouraging folks to decide what they think is the truth by actually examining the evidence, there's all this crap about the way in which the evidence has been brought to light. Ever heard of the term "Red Herring"? Well, worrying about how the police reports have come to light as opposed to what is in them is a classic "Red Herring".

The edit.

As I was tooling around town something occurred to me that I thought I'd mention.

Apparently Hunter Bishop published all the pertinent documents regarding Higa on his blog (or, at least that's what one of his posters said.) So, the question is, why hasn't Hunter posted the police reports regarding Billy? Doing so would be fair, plus then HE COULD STOP COMPLAINING THAT THEY WERE POSTED ANONYMOUSLY and people could read them!

If Damon reads this I'll ask him the same question; if your problem is all of this was done anonymously, then why don't you publish the police reports yourself? After all, that's something you arguably should have done in the first place. Hmmm, maybe I should add "brah" to that.

I looked it up,http://hunterbishop.com/higa-police-report/
I just read Hunter Bishop's latest screed regarding the bar fight. Again, because Mr.Bishop won't post anything from me I'm posting this here. Regardless, following is a brief response regarding a couple of Mr. Hunter's comments:

Hunter -> "...even though he was not arrested, fingerprinted, photographed or anything else connected to the process that I always thought came before a person was formally charged with a crime..."

Me -> If you read the police report you'll find that Billy ran out the back door (seems to be somewhat suspicious behavior for an innocent man, but maybe he panicked) after acting in a threatening manner toward the security guard who tried to stop him (according to the security guard). Sooo, he made his escape and consequently the police physically couldn't arrest him at the scene of the crime, as they did his cohort, Mr. Hayward. As to why they didn't formally arrest him later, technically it isn't necessary, but that doesn't really answer the question does it?

Mr. Hunter also writes, based (as I understand him) on he fact that in this case a "Penal Summons" was issued as opposed to an Arrest Warrant: "The fact that he was "charged" with the crime by the alleged victims is hardly the same as being "charged" with a crime by the government, in my opinion."

Unfortunately, Mr. Hunter's "opinion" is wrong. Simply put, a Penal Summons is issued because the government wishes to arraign someone who is not already in their custody and who they feel will come in when summoned. Warrant, Summons, whatever, an Arraignment is where the formal charge is made and a plea is received. See http://hawaii.gov/ag/cpja/main/ccp/flowc...CAdult.pdf

Mr. Hunter's opinion not withstanding, a person can't be hauled into court on the whim of a complainant. For a Warrant or Summons to be issued a determination of the sufficiency of the complaint first has to be made, in this case by the Prosecutor's office. After that, the suspect is brought in and an Arraignment proceeding is held where the suspect is formally charged with the crime and enters a plea.

In this case, apparently Billy was arraigned (officially charged and a plea entered) and the case was bound over by a judge; otherwise it couldn't have been dropped 19 months later.

BTW, although the details aren't in the documents I've seen, apparently the police did pick up Billy, or he came in voluntarily, because, according to the police reports, he was identified as the assailant in a police lineup.

Finally, apparently the 2 witnesses that eventually came to Billy's defense did so about 19 months after the initial incident at Shooters. Hilo is a small town so it just seems odd to me that it took that long to round those witnesses up.

Anyway, it will be interesting to read ALL the documentation once Hunter puts it on his site.
Damon wrote while accusing Ms. Kubat of "smearing" Hunter Bishop: "When will people understand that a personal blog is not the freaking Media people? We have the right to say what the (expletive deleted) heck we want.
Kubat on the other hand… well she got paid for that article Go figure….
" http://damontucker.wordpress.com/2008/08...er-bishop/

Of course Damon is right. Both he and Mr. Bishop are by definition armatures because they are not presently employed by a media source. And Ms. Kubat is a professional because she is employed by Big Island Weekly.

Sooo, what Damon Tucker and Hunter Bishop write IS nothing more than their (dare I say "biased") opinion while Ms. Kubat is ethically bound to be honest.

Glad you cleared that up for us Mr. Tucker. Thanks... brah.

BTW, to read the article by Ms.Kubat's that caused the Damon Tucker pantie bunch, go here: http://www.bigislandweekly.com/articles/...ment01.txt