Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board of Education?
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Um... interesting... but YES.

Ya got me there! I don't think I have a response to that.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Well if you have a response... let me know.

This HawaiiFreePress has been a thorn in my side since I moved back to the Big Island.

I keep seeing this rag of a paper hanging out in places.

Andrew Walden, the editor of this paper was outed as the person who started a nationwide rumor about Obama and was outed by the Washington Post for this.

I know many of you here locally have heard about it... but I'm just trying to point out to Oink, how off base this paper is.

-------
Glob
Apples and oranges. I don't have any interest in this Walden or his paper. My only point is that just because a "bad" person repeats a otherwise good idea, it dosn't make that idea bad.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Walsh homeschooled his kids, and they are all very intelligent and motivated. The man surely practices what he preaches, and he seems to be getting great results. I trust that he will do the same in the BOE.
Ok Damon, I visited both the Hawaii Free Press and the Washington Post article you referred to. I have to say that Walden is definitely well right of center, but he doesn't seem to be the evil character you made him out to be.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by oink

Ok Damon, I visited both the Hawaii Free Press and the Washington Post article you referred to. I have to say that Walden is definitely well right of center, but he doesn't seem to be the evil character you made him out to be.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Did you read his Rip on the PCDP or the unkind words of a certain message board moderator? [B)]

-------
Glob
Damon,
I went back and found the article I think you're referring to:Puna CDP: Eliminate affordable housing Some of it reflects, at least to a degree, some opinion(s) I have previously read on PW, although a bit more harshly. There is a slam at Rob that infers Rob may have more than just purely altruistic reasons for supporting the PCDP. That seems a stretch, but I imagine Rob can take the heat. The writer was trying to make a strong argument against the PCDP and was attempting to cover all angles. The tone of the article was a bit too harsh for me, but unfortunately that seems to be the norm now from writers of all political persuasions. The Hawaii Free Press is not something I would care to read on a daily basis but it, unfortunately, doesn't seem to stray too far from the political writing styles found today from all political perspectives. The Hawaii Free Press definitely has a right of center perspective.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a -

When you figure out who funds the rag, please let me know.

-------
Glob
quote:
When you figure out who funds the rag, please let me know.

I'm not interested enough to try and find out. Post a link and I'll read it.

To return to education, I still think the original post that set me off is still a good idea:
quote:
Walsh's recent article mentions:

...High school could offer crime forensics, composite-plastic fuselage design, robotics, nanotechnology, radiological diagnostics, 3-D animation and modern building maintenance...

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Aloha, all...Just can't seem to figure who's who in the BOE primary which is tomorrow. Have checked Bryant and read your back and forth commentary about Walsh. With no children, I'm a freebird with a loose vote. Help me out here...