Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is President Obama Hawaiian?
I say Obama is multi-racial and I like that especially because I feel like it gets beyond defining a person as a member of one race or another. I'm also hopeful that his time in Hawai'i has influenced him positively and I hope he will do some things at the federal level to help our ailing ecosystems, here and on the mainland as well.
Uluhe Design
Native Landscape Design
uluhedesign@yahoo.com
LOL multi-racial....

The next white man you see.... you might think about that....
I am at least 1/4th American Indian (sorry when I grew up that was the term used) but I have never claimed it on paper and never will. The rest of my heritage is a mix of just about everything but a white man, but guess what I look like.

I was raised to learn and love my family history, but not soil it for personal gain.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
What Michelle couldn't understand was why her intelligent, respectful and otherwise healthy husband and father of her children would suddenly become an introspective mutt of a man and fly off the handle at the smallest of notions.

But we, especially we who live on the Big Island and especially we who raised children here, know why. Because, like so many others who grow up on the islands, we received, instead of plumeria leis, aloha spirit, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, surfing and sun; he was tormented on a daily basis because of his race.

And THAT is why he allows Chicago to be touted as his hometown now. I don't blame him. My daughter's have done the same thing.
It is so fascinating to know that some people have a talent for knowing precisely what other people think and why they think it.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
LOL white man is multi racial. I also am 1/4th American Indian and
documented, but on all job applications in the past I have checked off caucasian. There is no "pale face" on the list or "European American", so we get all lumped into one terminology. Nothing is black and white anymore. I really don't like the terminology African American, not all blacks came from Africa! But most whites came from Europe. and back to Hawaii, home is where your roots sprouted, and Mr Pres-Elect roots surely sprouted in Hawaii in his formidable teen years. Yea, Mr O is Hawaiian and I am looking forward to seeing a lighted Palm tree on the steps of the White house! [Big Grin]

Lika, A European-American ! [Wink]

Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"
I'm a "poi" Ha'ole!
Hmm? The birth cert here:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227...ficate.jpg
is fishy in that at the bottom it says LASER and the type face looks like Ariel I suspect that the state of Hawaii was still using typewriters with ribbon in 1961.

Now if he can't produce a U.S. birth certificate, would that mean Biden is going to be sworn in?
Never liked that dash American stuff, but not sure what I might be other then American.
I like it here in the shallow end of the gene pool
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

It is so fascinating to know that some people have a talent for knowing precisely what other people think and why they think it.

In Obama's memoir, Dreams from my Father, he tells of such things. My supposition/inference of the causational effect on his wife, family and friends is drawn from my own experience as well as that of psycoanalytical reports.

Look, changing something negative means that it must first be acknowledged. That's what I am after.

But, since you are the moderator and I'm assuming your voice is heard loud and clear here, your statement has caused the lose of any credibility I may have had. I can hear the snickers.

Congratulations! I'm out.
When KGMB 9 showed Obama on his vacation On Oahu I was struck how much He seemed to relish in the moment of being HOME again. Surfing Sandys, eating shave ice. I believe he really misses living here. And I don't believe he will forget about the plight of the Hawaiian People. Anyone Know how he stands on the Akaka Bill?

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.