Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me it ain't so...
I sell both wholesale and retail in 3 of my businesses.
I tell ya what really kills them is all the internet based out of state business I do. muwa ha ha ha.

I am sure they will find a way to icksnay that though.

It reminds me of "Furnitureland Dave" in his radio spots years ago:

"I accidently ordered ten containers too many, we've gotta get this stuff off our lot today; make an offer!"
Anyone know if their sales people work on commission?[Wink]

-------
My Blog
I went in there twice. The first time I was looking for a potato ricer. He claimed he was the only one on the island that sold them and he only carried the most expensive one. I told him Macys carried them but they were out. He claimed that they were an inferrior product and would not recomend it to anyone. Well I didn't buy it and I wound up finding it at ross for under $10.00.
The second time I went in there I was with my husband. We were looking around at some large pans. He then informed us that he was a restaurant supply and couldn't sell to the public. We left feeling this was so odd. He has a business in downtown hilo, mainstreet but couldn't sell to the public.
After that I wouldn't go there if you paid me.
I went to Hawaii paper product had wonderful help with no attitude!!
I don't believe anything that man says.
rotflmao! thanks for the laugh
So, as suspected, this man is just a total yahoo! You can bet I won't enter his store again.

As usual, punatics come through with the real scoop.
I have purchased plenty of restaurant supplies over the years as a caterer (Atlanta) and a cooking school owner (Chicago). I went into this store about a year ago and noted that the prices and selection were much more geared to a retail operation. I wondered why he was in a higher rent retail area if he really was doing commercial business. I also noticed a few weeks ago that he had a big sign in his window for cooking classes... uh.... do you think those were for local chefs? NOT. This guy is probably really suffering in this economy and resorting to some silly moves. Or maybe it is someone who works for the owner. It even seems to me that a year ago he had a sign in the window or painting on it, "Supplies for Professional and Home Chefs" ??? Or at least something that said, "Open to the Public". Maybe I am wrong on that one, but it seems to me that I remember it.

There are a couple of places to get restaurant supplies on the island (and tons in Honolulu too), not to mention great deals online... but then there are of course the shipping and supporting local businesses issues. After I get back to the island, I will go in there (as a potential wholesale customer) and talk to the guy to see what he says.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
PHEW!!! Haven't entered his store since 2007 when I went to return a blender he claimed he guaranteed... dum da dum dumb... took my husband with me because the 1st time I went to return the blender he said the company went out of business. Da so called 'Chef' exploded when my husband politely but firmly asked for the money back. He grabbed cash from his register, was swearing and screaming and threatened me... we ended up on the sidewalk, he threw $140 at us, end of this SAGA... we filed a complaint at the Police Dept. This guy has issues... shop in KONA for real chef equipment/supplied.
Is this the fellow with the little shop along bayfront? There aren't that many places to buy good cookware in Hilo town.

Generally the cooking things I want aren't available locally, anyway. http://www.grainmaker.com/

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Link: http://www.appliednetworkshawaii.com/par...lic/public

No comment. [8D]
Cynthia Hoskins, R(S)
Clark Realty Corporation
www.clarkhawaii.com