Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCUBA SUNDAY ~ BEACH DAY ~ Sunday January 4 2009
Hi,

This is the first "Scuba Sunday" that is coinciding with our visit to the BI. What beach are you meeting at and at what time? We only have snorkeling equipment (never tried Scuba) with us. In any case, really looking forward to meeting you all!

Aki and Laura
Richardson's Beach Park. 10 AM-ish... we break up around 3 or so... depends on weather and the Hawaiian "Whatever fits" mode...

Your snorkel gear will serve you well. It is really a beach gathering, BBQ and cameraderie. I started it all so I could find dive buddies, and now I haven't been diving most of the year because of health issues... but I still love the gathering!

Be prepared to have fun!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I hope to see you all there (meet you for the first time actually).
Won't be there for the Jan bash, But look out for Feb.

dick wilson
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
Just wanted to add... last year January, the weather looked miserable... we were the only ones to show, & it cleared up nicely... we were out kayaking & that was one of our most magical times on the water... whales & dolphins joined us, along with some Kaumana & Hamakua rainbows!

So far, the weather has cleared (with only a rare smattering of rain) for each & every Scuba/Beach Fun Sunday....
We bring a 12 x 12 easy-up and others sometimes bring more.. so even if we have a few sprinkles, it's all fine. It has never stayed rainy, always clears eventually and we have a ball!

Oh, and I have been practicing with Crusty Bread that is working out great....

Maybe I will make Lamb Kabobs again.. they were pretty tasty last time...

I do so look forward to seeing you all for the new year!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Driving directions here: http://www.divehilo.com/announcements.html
Map here: http://tinyurl.com/82ru94

See you Sunday

quote:
Originally posted by Aki

Hi,

This is the first "Scuba Sunday" that is coinciding with our visit to the BI. What beach are you meeting at and at what time? We only have snorkeling equipment (never tried Scuba) with us. In any case, really looking forward to meeting you all!

Aki and Laura

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
We'll be there - will bring the grill - wagon and another canopy!
[Big Grin]

Joey & Bonnie
Bringing it Forward.... do we dare? Sure we do..... maybe.

Hubby is resisting; will post here in the morning depending on weather.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Tomorrow: High tide (2') is around 8 am, decending to low (0') around 3 pm

We have big bins of tangerines, grapefruit & orange colored lemons to share with everyone & will bring our juicers & some oranges for fresh squeezed Hilo sunshine!

Pam, we were there this afternoon, the water was fairly clear, but very choppy outside of the protected area, with a very sloppy wave break a little inside of the normal break, but not bad for snorkeling & such.... The sky was lighter there, with some blue sky peaks while we were there... & there were kayakers in the protected area & in Leleiwi protected area... saw a few turtles frolicking around the rocks... way to choppy to see if there were whales... but there were quite a few enjoying the beach...