Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crime in Seaview
There you have it, good night David, good night Chet!

LOL quite a story Jerry and the telling of it supadupa! HAHA

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
That's a hilarious story, Jerry. Thank you for sharing it. An instant Punaweb classic! Very cinematic and I can completely identify. When I come to the island I will have my very own hot-headed hispanic in tow, if we don't tear each other to pieces in the meantime.

By the way, when lost in Seaview, always go to the castle. They have to let down their hair and you have to climb up to get directions, but it is actually safer than the method described above.

This all underscores why Seaview is a cross between Baghdad, Bangkok, Melrose Place and Night of the Living Dead.
If anyone gets lost in my neighborhood I will just tell them to call Glenn

Mac nut
Damon, we have lived here in Seaview almost 3 years now. We love it here. As far a crime goes, Seaview has its share. I would say less than most communities here in Puna though. Our lots are all around 7500- 8000 Sq Ft. with most of the land without jungle. Most people can see their neighbor's house. Who needs neighborhood watch? Our front park can get noisy some evenings but the police usually fix that. Sunday Estatic dance crowd in the park is a problem that is hard to manage. Pot bust do happen here. These seem mild compared to the burglary, domestic violence etc, I read about in the Tribune that takes place in Puna. When we built our homes here we saw that other builders in the area would leave their tools out. When we asked about it we were told no need to worry about theft here. We found this to be true and left much of our tools out also. Nothing ever came up missing. I would say that when we first lived here, there was more crime. The more people that built the more that the shady characters left. Seaview is still growing and changing. There is one new home in final stages, one broke ground yesterday, two in the framing stage. We get the transfer requests from escrow offices when lot sales and they seem to still be selling. With the economy being so bad, it would seem Seaview is still a desirable place. Simply my opion.

Glen strong feeling in your words.

“This all underscores why Seaview is a cross between Baghdad, Bangkok, Melrose Place and Night of the Living Dead.”

“I hate Seaview. It is a veritable vortex of vice. And everytime I get near, I get tossed back up on the beach, unceremoniously.”

Aloha
Richard

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Yes, and as usual, I don't mean a single word of it. I just create images for impact and my own entertainment. Pity the fool that takes any of them seriously. The truth is, I love Seaview, but I did not dance ecstatically enough to be granted entry to this lovely, gently sloping neighborhood with its deep, richly jungly nether regions. Bitter now, I sit alone staring into space, drinking kava from a giant, scummy bowl, wondering what life would have been like if only I had a taste of what I desire the most: to become one with Seaview.
Glen, you are my most favorite Puna poet. [8D]
How dare they exclude you from the ecstatic dance?
I refuse to believe you couldn't emote ecstasy with the best of them. [Wink]
Glen frequently emits rhapsodic, whimsical, witty, and charmingly perverse musings. Unless, of course, he is in escrow. Glen in escrow can be brooding, fretful, and willing to do anything to appease Pele. Now that I think about it, Glen is willing to do anything to appease Pele almost any time. Remember little Brianna?

Cheerfully appreciative of being made to smile,
Jerry
LOL Jerry ...
poor Glen, he happened to open escrow at a time when Pele seemed intrigued by the notion of heading east rather than south.

My concern about Seaview would be the proximity to the east rift zone.
It was more than that. I might have the sequence out of order but it went something like this: Friday, escrow closes, Pele makes beeline to Pahoa; Sunday, Major Earthquake, Monday, Hurricane Flossie.
Yes, there was a lot going on that weekend. I'll never forget the HPP General Membership meeting when the nice man from the volcano observatory was asked where the lava would go if it stayed on the course it was following at the time and he said, "This location. Right here." You could hear the jaws drop.

Bear's comment on Flossie: "You made me tie down all the lawn furniture and tape the windows for THIS?" He tends to be more cavalier than me, but I'm the guy who slept through one in St. George, FL while he had to sit up all night with the terrified dogs. Paradoxical, eh?

The earthquake was sorta fascinating for the first few seconds. I mean watching the corners of the 16-foot vaulted living room ceiling go in and out of square reminded me of some fun times in the 60's. But then it threw a lot of stuff off the walls onto the floor, and it wasn't fun any more.

If I had been in escrow, I probably would have gone right off the edge and retired to the lava tube behind the house for a week or so with my survivalist gear.

Getting back on topic. . . Despite my visitors' encounter with the Japanese pot guy, I fully believe that Seaview is no more crime-infested than a lot of other places in Puna. The views alone are worth the price of admission, and I find it most attractive. The rift zone thing may or may not be an issue in any current resident's lifetime. Probably not.

Cheers,
Jerry