Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save Pahoa? Protest June 16th?
Relax Scott, Freedom of speech is a Grand Thing! [Big Grin]

Remember all the Protests when Walmart opened?
There were hundreds of folks out there chanting and holding signs!
Really was a sight to be seen... LOL

Walmart Opened and was packed with people. I remember reading they had the Highest Sales in the Chain at the time.

YAY more entry level Jobs!!! Maybe my 17 year old can find a Job Now. W00t!

Maybe someone could organize a "I support KFC and BK" Rally?? [Wink]
Bring On The Whoppers and Fried Chicken!!!
Im getting Hungry just thinking about it.... lol

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
When are they going to have a Church's or a Popeye's Fried Chicken?

Allen
Baton Rouge, LA & HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Island

t!Maybe someone could organize a "I support KFC and BK" Rally?? [Wink]

Whooper w/ cheese...Hmmmm....[:o)]
Popeye's!!! Now that's something that would get me to go to Pahoa! Actually, I will be there a few times a year for a Burger King grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo. Tasty and reasonably healthy for fast food.

The protestors are fully within their rights, and at least they care about something, but it comes across as sort of self-righteous to presume to choose for everyone else. Personally, I think they would do their cause more good by having a healthy foods fair or demonstrating for effective nutrition education beginning in kindergarten.

Cheers,
Jerry
Popeye's is running a Tuesday special around here: 99 cents for a 2 piece chicken and a biscuit. You get a leg and a thigh. I doubt that if there was a Popeye's, the price would be $.99 in Hawaii.
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Island

Relax Scott, Freedom of speech is a Grand Thing! [Big Grin]

I‘m a strong believer in free speech as long as the protesters follow the law. It seems that starting off with a sign that is violation of the County sign ordinance may be a prelude of things to come.
I’ve been in the construction industry for over 30 years and have been involved with protesters before, it’s no big thing. I’m talking about union picket lines for more important reasons then just opening a couple of fast food joints, but that’s a whole separate topic.
Since I am the Project Manager for this construction site my over all concern is that we continue to operate a safe work site and that the protesters don’t interfere with our business. The Police have already been notified so hopefully they can instill order. I just can’t wait to see who shows up.
It’s way to late for these huckleberries to have any impact on this development. Maybe they should have chained themselves to the Ohia’s before they were removed.

Remember all the Protests when Walmart opened?
There were hundreds of folks out there chanting and holding signs!
Really was a sight to be seen... LOL

Walmart Opened and was packed with people. I remember reading they had the Highest Sales in the Chain at the time.

YAY more entry level Jobs!!! Maybe my 17 year old can find a Job Now. W00t!

Any and all jobs will be welcome in our community. Just wait and see the line for the job applications when they become available. I’ve already had roughly 15 out of work construction workers apply for jobs specifically asking if we were hiring for the Woodlands Project, along with numerous subcontractors.

Maybe someone could organize a "I support KFC and BK" Rally?? [Wink]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I don't think the protesters really expect to stop this development. They are having success in bringing attention and dialogue to development and health issues in Pahoa.

As far as breaking the law; I'm sure they plan to keep it non violent. Other than that; I'm of the opinion that it's healthy for the Government to fear its citizens, rather than the other way around.

I think this is a case of the "squeakie wheel" not really wanting the "grease".

punatoons