Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCUBA Sunday/BEACH FUN DAY August 2
Cool Beans Royal.... we will be there later but are bringing already cooked Chicken Wings! Wooo Hooo....

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Another great day.... sun out all afternoon!

Even though all of our judgement was that the water should be iffy, it was warm & clear (even the ice-y bay was rather warm, added plus, four beautiful green turtles spent the better part of the day munching on limo on the walls...)

Thanks to all of you guys that thought, what the heck, may as well go. It was a great time with our punaweb friends. Still do not understand it, but there has yet to be a bad 1st Sunday at Richardsons since the group started...
wish we could have been there. see you next month on sunday, the 6th.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

K, next time this dumb ass says he'll bring the BBQ, you can be sure we will. Picked up a bunch of those portable, disposable BBQ's and are leaving one box in the car, just to be sure. Dick " otherwise know as the dumb ass who left the BBQ at home."

dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
dick wilson
I guess it mattered that the storm(s) brought a south swell?
I was on the Old Kona Airport beach for awhile today and the guys were out surfing. Good-sized waves although not enormous. Not sure what that beach is normally like in summer.
Other west side beach news, Mauna Kea beach was swamped with jellyfish this weekend.
Said to show how good you guys had it.
It was a comedy of errors regarding the grill. First I left the hot dogs in the fridge as I had already loaded the salads and hummus in the cooler directly as I made them. Then We tried calling Keith to buy hot dogs... just as he arrived (too late) then we called Bonnie and Joey just as they arrived (too late again). Then we called Pam, who had already gone back home to get the eggs she forgot to bring me, so she backtracked again to go to Safeway and buy hot dogs, then we realized that Dick forgot to bring the grill. So they went and bought the portable grills at Safeway, on sale for 3 for $5! All's well that ends well.

A great time was had by all (as always) and we did not get a drop of rain. The surf was average and the snorkeling was fantastic. The water was warm and clear out by the reef. I think that there is a rain Goddess that looks out for us at Richardson's. It is amazing that no matter what it "looks like" it will be like, we still have nice weather every time! No Scuba Divers this month though.

It was fun watching the turtles next to our picnic site. One was HUGE.

I went snorkeling at Mauna Kea Beach for over an hour on Friday and my friend went swimming for quite a while too, no Jelly fish then. It was beautiful. I did have a turtle following me there, which was kind of fun. I kept trying to get out of her way, but she was swimming next to me no matter where I went near the rocks/reef there. When I finally turned out to the sandy area she left me.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
devany, did you make homemade hummus? i've been eating that stuff like crazy--the store bought kind. got a good recipe to share?

"chaos reigns within.
order shall return."

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by DickWilson

K, next time this dumb ass says he'll bring the BBQ, you can be sure we will. Picked up a bunch of those portable, disposable BBQ's and are leaving one box in the car, just to be sure. Dick " otherwise know as the dumb ass who left the BBQ at home."

dick wilson

yeah, but i think you made up for it by making what i hear was an, "awesome" beef tomato supper [Wink]

"chaos reigns within.
order shall return."

w. james

Hummus is soooo easy.

Just soak garbanzo beans overnight and then cook till they are tender.
Put them in a food processor with tahini at about a 2:1 ratio. Then add lemon juice, salt and herbs to taste. Then you can add flavor elements to taste. If you want I can e-mail you my pita bread recipe too.

I did two types yesterday, one was roasted red Basque peppers, Hawaiian chiles, caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes, fresh Thai basil, parsley and roasted garlic.

The other was grilled eggplant, roasted garlic, caramelized onions, rosemary and parsley. [8D]

quote:
Originally posted by kani-lehua

devany, did you make homemade hummus? i've been eating that stuff like crazy--the store bought kind. got a good recipe to share?

"chaos reigns within.
order shall return."

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
yeah, the jellyfish were Saturday. They also came in on 4th of July. Saturday they had some of the live jellyfish on display by the lifeguard stand.
They make everyone get out of the water when they're present (as they should).