Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mighty sushi is open!
According to Webster"s online dictionary that mushroom can be spelled with one or two i's. I've always spelled it with one, but now I know I have to use two on Punaweb. I've never been censored before when I wasn't actually cursing!

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
two snaps for that!

no, i mean, two I(s) for that.

guess we gotta use two here.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Funny stuff! Hi Francine!
Enjoy the day! Ann
aloha, ann! thinking of coming back soon? you're missing out on a good storm. looks like the summits got a dusting of snow today. lots of thunder and rain.

w. james

w. james

We will be back the last two weeks of April (I might stay an extra week if I can talk Thomas into :-) Glad to be missing the storm as we're having some good ones here ourselves. We lost the cover to our propane tanks on our travel trailer - just blew away and no one knows what' happened to it, which was weird as it was always so hard to take off in the first place.

As to this thread - I'm excited to try Mighty sushi - was bummed it wasn't open yet when we were there.
Enjoy the day! Ann
we'll have to try mighty sushi, too. the sushi at nihon restaurant is passable if you're looking for more traditional fare.

see you then, ann.

w. james

w. james

Ate at Mighty Sushi for lunch today...

Fairly decent. Lots of selection. Nice folks working the counter...

For what its worth, I think it is good for Puna side. Maybe better knife skills would better suit for the esthetic...Just my opinion...

Good nigiri and rolls. And decently priced...
Just a note to add my positive thoughts about Mighty Sushi. The food was tasty and the prices very acceptable. No complaints, I just hope they can serve sake at some point, it's BYOB.

Cheers,

Sean

Just a bump to remind folks that this place is here, open and good [Big Grin]

Oh, and a suggestion to try the Philly roll with unagi.
See you in the surf
***Caution - Thread change direction ****

OMG! Pookie's right down the way from Mighty Sushi! I had a lemon bar, (I think Jeremy was the baker that day) and it was to die for. Perfect blend of tart and sugar and butter. Bars are fairly large so split it with some one you love!

So if you have lunch at Mighty Sushi save room for a lemon bar at Pookie's! (Plus I just love the name!)
We'll give it a try sometime, thanks for the review. The best sushi on island and all of Hawaii is Sansei. They now have one in Waikaloa (went to the two in Maui for many years) and Sunday nights they have generous Kama'aina discounts.

http://news.sanseihawaii.com/index.html

http://news.sanseihawaii.com/location_waikoloa.html
Steve & Regina
Hawaiian Acres / North Lake Tahoe

'If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there' - George Harrison