Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Airlines
Personally the one I want to see is Jet Blue fly Hilo to Burbank or OC! Maybe ATA...

-Cat

quote:
Hey Tikiyaki - when are you on island? Where are you staying? I am there from Nov 21 - Dec 2. We are actually on Oahu Nov 29 - Dec 2. Sounds like we are just missing each other. Let me know if we overlap at all. My husband & I would love to meet up with you and show you some of our house plan ideas.

Atlanta/Pahoa

Yea, we're missing each other by a few days :-(
I'd like to hear your plans for your house knowing that you're a Mid Century Modern Geek like me.
If I was building a house there, I might go with the A Frame...lotsa windows, and tiki it all out :-) Make it look like The Waikikian did back in the day. Of course, building a nice Eichler Style would be cool too, or a Neutra Glass Box. So many possibilities. What are you guys thinking ?

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
quote:
Personally the one I want to see is Jet Blue fly Hilo to Burbank or OC! Maybe ATA...

-Cat

Man, how great would THAT be? I'm like 10 min from Burbank Airport. It's always at least $100 more per ticket to fly from Burbank to HI, that LAX....
That sucks, cos a trip to LAX is just hellish for me, living in the Burbank/Sunland area.
The cheapest way to do it is rent a car, and drop it at the airport. The cab ride is usally at least $80 :-(

Burnank to Hilo, ahhhhhhhh. My sister is in Studio City so I almost always fly from Atlanta to Burbank. I always have to change planes in Pheonix & is is always 50 bucks more than non-stop to LAX. The time I save getting to her house is worth it. I just hop on Riverside to Whittsett, hang a left towards Ventura and I am there. Burbank is my favorite airport in the world. So efficent!!

Tikiyaki, Neutra would never work in Seaview. The house would get way too hot. A Cliff May or Eichler would be perfect. An a-frame would be cool too. There is a new a-frame there but it looks like an a-frame McMansion. Puna Beach Palisaides (next door to Seaview) has some pretty col modern designs. Not really MCM, more Dwell. Some of the kit homes could easily be tricked out into generic Atomic Ranch pads.

I'll get you a list of cool spots to check out before the trip.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
Tada, Hawaiian was in Chapter 11 (reorganization bankruptcy) and not in Chapter 13 (outta here) so Mesa could not bid on the assets of HA. (They actually were considering investing in HA at that time but that's another story.) You can book your GO! ticket online and get an electronic ticket so you don't need to pay for ticket delivery. In fact, you can even check-in online 24 hours prior your flight.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Jet Blue - GREAT prices...late often...many cancels, which is unfortunate 'cause the prices are outstanding. I would rather pay more for ontime performance. Nothing like sitting on the tarmack for a long time or in a terminal for many hours...gets old fast.

Carrie

"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." Bono
http://www.hellophoenix.com/art/dreamhawaii.Cfm
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
quote:
Burnank to Hilo, ahhhhhhhh. My sister is in Studio City so I almost always fly from Atlanta to Burbank. I always have to change planes in Pheonix & is is always 50 bucks more than non-stop to LAX. The time I save getting to her house is worth it. I just hop on Riverside to Whittsett, hang a left towards Ventura and I am there. Burbank is my favorite airport in the world. So efficent!!

Tikiyaki, Neutra would never work in Seaview. The house would get way too hot. A Cliff May or Eichler would be perfect. An a-frame would be cool too. There is a new a-frame there but it looks like an a-frame McMansion. Puna Beach Palisaides (next door to Seaview) has some pretty col modern designs. Not really MCM, more Dwell. Some of the kit homes could easily be tricked out into generic Atomic Ranch pads.

I'll get you a list of cool spots to check out before the trip.

Atlanta/Pahoa

Cool. hey, what about the Steely house...isn't that alot of walls of glass ?

How hot does it get in Seaview ?

Can fly KOA to phoenix via USAIRWAYS....

that helps a little - my two airports to avoid are HNL & LAX if I can help it!

-Cat

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Aloha, Cat. After 20 years in Atlanta (and flying somewhere over a million miles during that time) I have to say the HNL airport is like a happy dream compared to the congested mess that is ATL. At least HNL has some gardens and last-minute chances to pick up Hawaiiana kitsch. I share your opinion of LAX, though. Yuck. I got stuck there once due to a missed connection and spent six miserable hours in the American concourse.

Cheers,
Jerry

LAX's one saving grace if you are stuck for long layover...Encounter Restaurant. It's in that cool building that used to be the control tower. Super cool 60's modern restautrant with lava lamps, and a space age as seen through the 60's decor. The food is ok, pricey, but they have a bar too.
The elevator plays lounge music like Esquivel and Martin Denny type stuff when you get in it.

Other than that, LAX sucks :-(