Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Divers Dive Group
Hey Pam, how 'bout a Hawaiian Fish ID book as a prize? That way I 'kin screw up another name, while impressing the pants off of my cat! (everyone else can look up my foibles) Just kiddin'.
I think you should make the person who answered first your trusted gear hauler, fish hauler & fish finder. (With the appropriate titles n stuff)
Aloha Carey

HAHAH I looked at the picture on the new site. It looks like a seaweed, sponge or something with an eye. Cool. I did a Google search for the frogfish and then went to images, wow found it there also. Hey you guys are sooo lucky to see this beautiful wonders of the sea! I may have to get into the deep stuff one day. Thanks for the exposure! Good luck with the prizes! LOL

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella, these guys aren't deep, we've seen them in Hilo Bay (off of Richardsons - not in the breakwater area) while snorkeling....lots to do with out the deep here (still think East side diving is better than Kona side.....just fewer places to get in)
Aloha, Carey

Pam ans I are tentatively talking about a day and night dive Poihiki next week, early? Poihiki is hell during the weekends, was thinking maybe Tues, Weds? Lets see how monday goes, I may be up in Hawi later in the week, so this is all tentative. We also prefer lower surf, though its not bad there. People worry about the boat ramp, but you just slide in off the dock and pass the equipment down, its all very accesible. I usually see lots of octopus and turtles snorkeling there. Maybe sharks and lobsters, eh? More eels to photo Andrew? Chili you got any cabbage Wink.

Post back if anyone is interested. I only have one medium light. I will buy batteries for others if anyone has a spare light. Does Nautilus carry microstrobes/beacons? I don't really find lightsticks to be too visible with any distance.

Aloha,

Hazen

P.S. been going swimming in Kahena most afternoons this week, no dolphins, maybe just a seasonal movement. But the visibility is excellent.

Hi Hazen:

I might be up for it but not sure yet. Will see what the week holds.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
These pictures are gorgeous, and everyone looks like they are having so much fun! Hello, ATA!!
Hazen, you see turtles snorkeling? Dang, I've only seen them swim. (sorry, just had this image of a green with a mask & snorkel)...OK, now I'm supposed to be studying for an exam, and I'm seeing visions of turtles in snorkel gear.....
Aloha, Carey

Hey Y'All -- what brand of snorkeling gear is that (blue tubing)? Should I get some before I come, or can I pick it up easily somewhere?
Hazen, I'm gonna make up a special batch of that cole slaw just for you....be sure to bring extra weights to the pokiki dive...with the cabbage gas in you, you're gonna need it...and try to stay a little downwind while topside

We get out of life......What we put into it
Oh I LOVE Ke'e Beach! Check out also - Hideaways...when you head towards the Princeville hotel you go almost as far as you can and there's a small parking lot on the right hand side next to some condos...there is a chainlink fence between the building and the parking lot..walk along the fence and you will come to some "stairs" in the cliff...there's a rail and further down rope to help you get there...it's the most amazing and private beach...although probably doesn't exist in the winter...the coral and fishes are incredible there. Someone told me about it before the first time Tony and I ever visited Kauai. It was one of our favorite places. Aloha

Carrie

"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." Bono
http://www.hellophoenix.com/art/dreamhawaii.Cfm

Edited by - carolann r on 09/17/2006 10:49:19
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2