Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Local Shopping Bargains
Organic Ramen at Island Naturals- $.79, it's usually $1.49 or something outrageous like that.

I know where all the sale sections of all the stores are (some stores have a few) and I check those first.
Good thread Carrie! This is great if it keeps going!!

Royall

I know that it is listed on the "grocerybagsavings" web site but Safeway has Whole Chickens $.99 a LB

"From knowledge comes understanding"
"From knowledge comes understanding"
OMG Ed, that's a great price!

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
It may not be local...but pet food prices in Kona are about half what they are here. Probably because of competition with K-Mart, Petco, and Target. Three stores we don't have over here.
Walmart... Idahoan Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Baby Reds Mashed Potatoes.....88 cents a package
Oceanspray Cranberry Juice (diet) 3liter size.....$3.98
$6 bought us the following at the kea'au farmers' market:

1 head of romaine
1 bag of 3 small onions
4 japanese cucumbers
1 bag of carrots
6 solo papaya (price varies anywhere from 5-7 papaya for $1)

isn't there a site that allows one to load coupons onto their safeway card?

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I used that site that adds coupons to your Safeway card, but had mixed results. Sometimes I forgot what coupons I had loaded, other times the register didn't apply the coupons that were loaded. It was too unpredictable for me, so now I stick with the 20th century paper coupon method.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

It may not be local...but pet food prices in Kona are about half what they are here. Probably because of competition with K-Mart, Petco, and Target. Three stores we don't have over here.

Well it would be worth it at those prices to set up a pet food co-op once a month drive over load up what people have on their list, drive to the soccer grounds in Keaau and pass out peoples orders.

mella l

NO, really? Assume the best!
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Hey kani-lehua! Howzit? If we cite the farmer's markets they are all usually good! No surprise there - how about Foodland? Anything with unusually good savings?

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR