Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current info on Kaiser?
Carol, I have worked in healthcare for over forty years, thirty of them for Kaiser. For most of my life, I have not needed physician care, but when I did I was lucky to be able to choose someone I worked with and knew professionally. Most people don't enjoy that advantage and are faced with very little knowledge of a new provider. A physician's personality often drives our opinions, rather than true understanding of his ability to provide good care. K-Cat's comment is right, as evidenced by the evaluations of Dr. Hu.

To keep this short: Kaiser is different from fee-for-service providers. Patients are able to advocate for themselves much more easily. I won't expound on this, but it is possible. Kaiser has resources beyond Hilo for serious or difficult conditions- but you may need to ask or insist. The "Patient Assistance" component of the organization is underused, but a basic tool of every Kaiser member.

Over the years, Kaiser has been a lightening rod for medical mistakes in the press, but as the largest integrated healthcare organization in the country, I believe that is understandable. As this discussion demonstrates, provider evaluation is a very personal matter. Best of luck to you.
Markie,

I’m willing to bet that you have had small medical problems in the last nine years. If your health should ever turn into life threatening situation you may change your mind. It is my contention that if my loving wife Barbara was treated for her illness a year earlier she would still be walking on her own today. Other medical professional have agreed with me on this fact.

Incompetence comes in many professions but the good health of a human should take priority. I will not go into detail but I will ask you this one question.

What would be your thought of a Doctor who left a person sitting in the waiting room for over two hours because they did not have a scheduled appointment. Mind you now there were no other people waiting for over an hour. This person became so ill that she had to go to the Hilo medical emergency room and was treated and them hospitalized.

Competence, don’t even get me started on this “Doctor”. Yea, she may be professional enough for some things but life threatening no way. I had Barbara change Doctors because of her incompetence and the Kaiser Foundation agreed with me or they would have told me to go to Hell.

Slander you say Markie, I say valuable information for those that don’t know.

The Lack

The Lack Toons