Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HECO union employees give 48hr strike notice
How long does mud take to "dry" there", about three years? Do you need to use a "hotter" mix?

Sorry to sidetrack things!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Well, today it is drying real fast.... most is dry within the hour.... (Mud pan had to be cleaned of dry mud....) now, if only the mud applier was real fast I would have this job done! but I am waiting for the pan to dry from the cleaning!)

Back (sorta) to the subject, the IBEW 1260 has the HECO exec comp calculations, & how they are made, from 2007 (woulda been nice if they had updated this, as they were using current exec comp #'s in some of the info to their union members...):
http://www.ibew1260.org/images/HECO/HECO_Exec_Pay.pdf

based on the sheet of computations, it seems that the HECO comp is within industry standards for a smallish elec. supplier....

YES! Strike! It is about time some of us workers held ground against the rampaging capitalist system! This is only the start of more and bigger battles as the class war begins. There will be three sides; Workes, Capitalists, and cowards. Pick one.

Carey and Eightfingers, let's stay on topic!

Oh, and Hi everyone! New to the island, living in Pahoa.
I am all in favor of unions and workers rights, but before I jump to endorse a strike I'd like to know what their wages and benefits are. I'm guessing they're higher than the average area worker makes.
great, I just went shoping for frozen food
Just curious but is the wage of an "average" area worker a wage no one should be entitled to earn above? or below?

I don't know the details of the electrical workers issue but I do know I am not climbing any utility pole to work on hot electrical lines for the wage of the "average" local worker. The average guy doesn't generally have to take such risks.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Based on my very limited knowledge, wages seems to be on the higher end, but within the national average, no idea of the compensation :
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=...tor/Salary
Carey, the idea that we can comapre salaries is silly. First, would you like if someone did that to you? Of course your reply would be, i am worth it. And what about cost of living?

Peoples salary is what they fight to get. The free market is a myth. If you let the corporations decide, well, we are seeing the outcome of that. Ghetto America.
KeaauRich, Averages are funny things. First they are numbers not people.

And if I told you the average person out of 11 people made $9 an hour, what does that mean? It could mean that one person makes $1000 and hour and the other 10 made $1 and hour or that all of them made $9/hour. Useless!

Stop looking at numbers and start looking at taking dignity away from corporation and giving it back to people.
AF - Since you are new, you would not know that I am VERY close to the "someone did that to you"!

And yes, we all do compare.... that is one of the ways you decide what job to accept... and if a salary is too low, most will be inclined not to accept a job...

Oh, and the strike & my mudding are also very connected, but you are way too new to know that..... as the OP, my reasons for the post were to alert people to a potential change & to get ready, not to debate wages & compensation, but I did answer questions based on those.... to me, talking about dignity & myth of free market are off track! (HECO is NOT a free market corporation....)