Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Time for a Punaweb Party??
This BBQ is the real PCDP, the Puna Community Development Party, literally.
Nuts, we'll be away too...but there in spirit!
Hi Pam -
Great idea. I'll be there. Do you need tables? chairs? serving items?

I won't tell my sheep about this, or they will want to come along and have a flock reunion :-)

aloha,
Rene

I already know what I am making!!! YUM!
Peg, no real set up needed. Our house is set up for partying (Hey, I may not have an archetecture degree, but I knew what I wanted when I designed this place!). People start rolling in half an hour early sometimes. As for clean-up, everyone who has ever been here pretty much helps clean up before everyone goes home. That is why Punaweb Parties are so fun and easy to host!

Carey, your three tables are absolutely perfect; thank you!

Everyone Else... bring a portable beach-type chair if you have one. All my outdoor furniture is pretty much teak. Sturdy and great in the wet but not too soft and cushy! As for food, like the Scuba Sunday stuff, just bring whatever. It all works out. Some people make side dishes, some people make desserts, some people bring a chunk 'o meat in one form or another for the grill and we all chow down! Also okay to bring is beer and wine and soda and water and whatever else you like to drink as long as you like to share. We have a bit of a bar on the back lanai so that all works out too. Someone usually takes over the bar or the bbq and hubby Bob gets to do the other.

Don't be shy and arrive late. It can get wet and cold up here with little warning. That's all fine while you are here... we have a lovely fireplace and usually plenty of wood... it's the getting to your car and driving home that is icky.

So, see you all bright and early (noon, 1 O'clock ish) and if the weather is behaving we can have a walking tour of the orchard and the greenhouse. Yeah, I know you aren't nearly as excited about them as I am but humor me! We might even have the outdoor garden looking like something by then. We just did the first rototill today. Next we screen the top foot of dirt to get the last of the grass out and then cover it in the best use of chicken poop I know of... and then we rototill that in, form our rows and plant away!

Hope to see you all soon.

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Sophie and I are looking forward to it.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Always a nice time at the Lamont Ranch. Our first time was when Renee's mom was still alive. EVERYONE was great in making her comfy. Renee's going to try and request the day off. Hope to see you there.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Bonnie and I will be there - IF - somehow we can BOTH finagle time off. [Sad]

I used to know what a "rototiller" was and what it was used for - but discovered it doesn't work on "pahoehoe" - I need a "D9"! [Wink]
Pam:

I was at your last party and I really enjoyed it. I would love to attend again. Unfortunately I will be on the mainland for the first 3 weeks of June.

Mark
Mike & I will be there! Wow, it has been a long time since we've seen the happenings at the Lamont Ranch. Looking forward to the farm tour, as well as the party. Thanks for hosting, Pam & Bob!

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."