Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photograph Conversion
I own a Nikon Super Cool Scan 4000ED with a bulk slide feeder.
It cost almost $2k and scans at 4000 ppi.
I purchased it to digitize my personal slide collection.
I've completed about 5k of them so far.
And, I still need to go through the rest to see what I want to include.

I am not offering to sell it.
And, I am not offering to do the work right now as I'm still in Alaska.
But, after I move to BI some time after June of next year, I might consider working something out on it.
Just a thought if you cannot work anything out to your satisfaction in the meantime.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
I started digitizing both my slides and photos when I started preparing for this move. I had a good scanner and could do multiple pictures at a time, and the program had some color correcting capabilities. It was tedious, but the family sure loved then when I started posting them on Face Book. For slides I used a little scanner that cost about $100. It was tedious, and the dust and hair always seemed to be there, no mater how carefully I brushed them of with my photo brush. Then I discovered the program had a setting to get rid of a lot of that stuff automatically. I never put a dent in my photos and slides, takes so much time. So, if Costco can do it, I think I would try the first group. If they are reasonable, I'd just do it that way. These are photos that in no way resemble art, for the most part. For those, I would probably use a professional. I have a few like that.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life