Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 More Days Till Puna!!
Safe Travels, all great advice. Smile, be yourself and patience is a virtue. Where from New England area? We are west of Boston still trying to sell our cottage to move to our home on the island. We visit every year for few weeks, and it is getting tougher to leave.
Have never had any issues with anyone, I just smile and laugh and enjoy whatever conversations arise. Am at peace in Puna. Far cry from the "coldness" in New England, whatever season. Aha!

Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"
Lika

"To err is human, to forgive divine"
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

The main customs I can think of are about driving, like horn honking is reserved for a real emergency warning, not done out of annoyance.
I've noticed that people honk to say hello quite a lot. It's one of the things that took me a while to get used to.
Caveman, we envy you. Especially with 15 inches of snow dumping on the 12 we already have. Then it's turning to rain. If anybody has ever had to move sopping wet snow, you know what a joy that is.
Connecticut, next to Hartford. 6 more days!! So excited. A caretaker job would be cool.....I need to explore first and learn about the island though!
Moving to Puna!
4 more hours till my flight!
Moving to Puna!
I assume you made it ok. If you're reading this, you must have found internet access. Give us an update.
Punaweb: "so easy, a CaveMan could do it"
<or>

quote:
Originally posted by SBH

Puna: "so easy, a CaveMan could do it"

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Hi everyone! My name is Lake, and Caveman is an incredibly close friend of mine. He gave me a phone call when he arrived in Puna two days ago. Doing great, and undoubtedly having the time of his life. I figured I'd update you all. :]

On February 21st, I'll be arriving on the island, and making my way over to join up with him, and the rest of the community! I can't wait to meet everyone.
quote:
Originally posted by lakelurk

Hi everyone! My name is Lake, and Caveman is an incredibly close friend of mine. He gave me a phone call when he arrived in Puna two days ago. Doing great, and undoubtedly having the time of his life. I figured I'd update you all. :]

On February 21st, I'll be arriving on the island, and making my way over to join up with him, and the rest of the community! I can't wait to meet everyone.

Thanks for the update. I didn't tackle the dream the same way he did, but I certainly respect his quest. It's the same way I got to Alaska 14 years ago. Keep us posted. Go Caveman.