Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP stuff
This is standard operating procedure for any board, whether it is a volunteer non profit or a paid board of professionals.

County doesn't do it this way -- anyone remember the building code "amendments"?

quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

This is standard operating procedure for any board, whether it is a volunteer non profit or a paid board of professionals.

County doesn't do it this way -- anyone remember the building code "amendments"?

So you approve a past bad policy going forward with the Associations bylaws?
Sounds to me like just more excuses.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Government is a whole different can of worms.

We all know how you feel about Hawaii County government, many of us agree, but can you please quit derailing every discussion with comments about how Hawaii County works (or doesn't), especially when we aren't talking about the county in a particular thread?
So you approve a past bad policy going forward with the Associations bylaws?

How is it fair to criticize a (town-sized) subdivision when the local government can't do any better?

It's almost as if we have a local culture that discourages citizen input -- any citizen, any issues, any input.
I was looking through the new web site and the site works much better than the old one.

But when you look at the content it shows the President and her cronies still don't have a clue.

The Conch is from January 2014, and they state that it will be produced 3 times a year! It still has the old employees listed.
Most important is that this issue is the one that lists the open and vacant districts for the 2015 directors.

The GM's report is from Oct 2013, the minutes from Oct 30 and Nov 19 state that they have a quorum and there were only 4 directors attending. (5 directors makes a quorum.

So any business that took place at either of these meeting is illegal, including the appointments of the open districts. Until ratified, any attendance or vote by these illegal appointments are invalid.
The site certainly looks better, and is easier to use than the dreary, antiquated, old one. I hope it will be a priority of the BOD to facilitate an informed membership by updating the information contained therein.
Hey, did you see the front page of the pager today?

DOE settled with an employee for wrongful termination for $325,000.00.

Delima was the lawyer for the DOE.

I'm wondering if the other charges in the complaint will add to the damages claimed by the ex employees.

Can you imagine, $325 X 3 = a million dollars when you add in the cost for lawyers and court fees.

Anyone that could support the directs can see what damage they have done.
a million dollars when you add in the cost for lawyers and court fees.

I don't live in HPP. Does that mean it's "free money"?