Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor Kenoi wants off on a technicality
More likely, a book deal.

I'll wait for the movie.
Not too long though, cause I'd like to see Danny DeVito still young enough to play Billy.

No fathers or mothers think their own children ugly; and this self-deceit is yet stronger with respect to the offspring of the mind. -Miguel de Cervantes, novelist (1547-1616)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Danny DeVito still young enough to play Billy

...with Jane Lynch to play Nancy Cook Lauer.
A friend of mine was called for jury duty recently for the upcoming kenoi trial. Today he was called and told" the case has been settled we no longer need you". Has anyone heard that the case was recently settled
http://hoohiki.courts.hawaii.gov/#/crimi...C161000085

There was a status Conference today but no minutes I can see as of yet.
It would be in the news somewhere if that were the case... they're the ones who brought it out to the public's sight.

..Bad boys,Bad boys what we gonna do...let ya out on bail for a buck or two...
mac nut,

"A friend of mine was called for jury duty recently for the upcoming kenoi trial. Today he was called and told" the case has been settled we no longer need you". Has anyone heard that the case was recently settled"

I wasn't aware you could "settle" a criminal court case. Could your friend have meant the question of their jury duty has been settled and he wasn't selected?
I also know of a potential Kenoi juror who was told she didn't need to report on her assigned day, so something is going on - maybe they have enough jurors already or there has been some sort of plea bargain.
This is the latest minute from the Ho'ohiki court system. This was on 10/12/16, i.e., Wednesday. Apologies for the legal acronyms:

"CT RPTR: LISA STEINMEYER CT CLRK: M. ANGUAYPRESENT: DAG KEVIN TAKATA AND DAG MICHELE PUU FOR THE STATE PV TODD EDDINS AND PV RICHARD SING W/ DEFT KENOI 8:55 AM CASE CALLED. APPEARANCES WERE ENTERED IN THE PRESENCE OF PROSPECTIVE JURORS. PRELIMINARY INSTS TO PROSPECTIVE JURORS. 9:00 AM VOIR DIRE OATH ADMINISTERED. 9:02 AM RECESS. 9:13 AM COURT RECONVENED W/COUNSEL AND DEFT. FURTHER INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE BY THE COURT. 10:11 AM RECESS. 10:28 AM COURT RECONVENED W/COUNSEL AND DEFT. FURTHER INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE BY THE COURT. 11:11 AM RECESS. 11:29 AM COURT RECONVENED W/COUNSEL AND DEFT. FURTHER INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE BY THE COURT. 12:08 PM OFF RECORD DISCUSSION RE TRIAL. COUNSEL ALLOWED 45 MINS OPENING; 4 MINS ON REPLACEMENTS. 12:18 PM COUNSEL IN AGREEMENT WITH 85 JURORS. JURY SELECTION AND TRIAL TO COMMENCE 10-17-16, 8:30 AM. COURT ADJOURNED"

Essentially, it seems the number of potential jurors is now down to 85, which is what prompted me to ask my question to mac nut.
The Mayors in court today or at least his lawyers are. I guess we will soon see what nonsense went on. They have reduced the jury pool to 85. I know they are anxious to get the trial going.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxRiVea...5aNjg/view

Did anyone see the post it on the reimbursement documents? These documents are revealing and instrumental to see how this case got to the grand jury and why it was handed down for prosecution. They must have used at least a quart of white out. And spent a lot of time at the scanner and Xerox machine. Look at the hole punches or the lack there of on some forms. They should at least all have them. And every form should be dated and signed and have numbers in the right bottom corner. There are many documents that have fudges. They must think we are stupid.

I want everybody to know from the start that this is not petty or have anything to do with the Mayor going to a "ho"stess bar. The 'Evergreen' was just revealing about our Mayor's appetite and sexual indiscretions and that is just what engages the public.

Our Mayor has been violating some very important tax laws. If they do this on the local level can you image what might be going on, for a long time, all the way up to the oval office? They purchase it and we have to pay for it?

jmo
The tax issue RJ mentions could become quite salient and possibly involve Federal problems for Kenoi. IIRC, at the time the p-Card abuse became known and he made his "catch-up" payments, Kenoi needed and got help from some unions and/or other supporters to pay up. (If that is incorrect, someone please let me know, and I will retract.) So given that this money was used to pay personal expenses, I would assume that it would need to be reported as personal income for tax purposes. Was it? Only Kenoi, his tax person, and the government revenue folks would know at this point.