Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP mailbox vote
They have contract carrier service.

"Contract Delivery Service - Extensions of Delivery
If you live in an area served by Contract Delivery Service routes, you may qualify for street delivery of your mail. The road must be publicly maintained and kept clear of ice and snow in the wintertime."

Your roads are not publicly maintained.I have contract carrier service in Ohio.

Obie you offered your expertise. Reni asked you for it and I would like to hear it...

Who's They in your first sentence?
Who are you quoting below that?
Don't you mean our roads are not publicly maintained?
Originally posted by mermaid53 2/22/17:

Along w/the jockeying for power and agendas between reps. We've had 3 pres's in 6 mos. Deposing this rep, kicking off that rep. I heard this may be going on w/the addition of new reps. Let's see what happens in the upcoming wks. Historically it's not the members who chase reps away, it's their board peers.

Well it came to pass unfortunately....

Richard Solie, prev treasurer (deposed and replaced by Chris Anderson) and then Richard was appt'd secretary (for a couple months) was ousted by the board the other day. He wasn't present when they did it... Leilani Bronson Crelly took his secretary seat. NO individual thinkers allowed!

Randi Larzalere (pres for almost 3 months) resigned, after deposing John Rudolf, our prev board pres. New board pres voted in last night is Patrick Murdoch.

This leaves 2 board seats that haven't been posted on the HPP website as required w/in 2 days of resignation. They were stanced to fill the seats last night but 1 person didn't show. They don't know our bylaws in filling board vacancies, or they're outright ignoring it. Adequate advertising is mandatory in our bylaws in filling board vacancies to give the membership equal opportunity to apply. They have been inconsistent since Jul 2016 in following this bylaw. What is the motive?

That's 4 resignations, 1 ousted...(am I missing anyone?) since Jul 2016, 2 officers deposed...lots of maneuvering and jockeying for power going on. What does this say about their character?

The HPP bookkpr resigned.

This was the 3rd month in a row where a board mtg agenda wasn't posted. Richard Solie was the most experienced and knowledgeable in regards to finances, of all the reps...an accountant for over 20 yrs. Is this the reason he was deposed, then ousted? Are they hiding something? Something's not right w/this picture. If they're not hiding anything, then why aren't they answering our questions in a concise and transparent way? Why are they hiding financial details from the FC who is entitled to them?

The board didn't discuss returning any mailbox $ to members. They're having troubles connecting w/the USPS. This has been going on for many many months now. Why?

The GM reported they are moving ahead to CS another road. The board has never told the membership whether the Association, US, is in a CS contract, and if so for how many miles of roads and what are the total costs? If we're in a contract, then it's w/an unlicensed contractor and it was never voted for at a board mtg. Check the minutes. Is this what they're hiding from us?

We have SEVEN district seats open for the upcoming election. Not good! That means we'll have lots of newbies. I suspect new Dist 5 rep will run for her Dist 6. We have an illegal board committee, Election Committee = Conflict of Interest. What are their duties? Does anyone know??? Isn't it covered in our bylaws already under Nominating Committee, a membership committee?
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

Originally posted by mermaid53 2/22/17:

Along w/the jockeying for power and agendas between reps. We've had 3 pres's in 6 mos. Deposing this rep, kicking off that rep. I heard this may be going on w/the addition of new reps. Let's see what happens in the upcoming wks. Historically it's not the members who chase reps away, it's their board peers.

Well it came to pass unfortunately....

Richard Solie, prev treasurer (deposed and replaced by Chris Anderson) and then Richard was appt'd secretary (for a couple months) was ousted by the board the other day. He wasn't present when they did it... Leilani Bronson Crelly took his secretary seat. NO individual thinkers allowed!

Randi Larzalere (pres for almost 3 months) resigned, after deposing John Rudolf, our prev board pres. New board pres voted in last night is Patrick Murdoch.

This leaves 2 board seats that haven't been posted on the HPP website as required w/in 2 days of resignation. They were stanced to fill the seats last night but 1 person didn't show. They don't know our bylaws in filling board vacancies, or they're outright ignoring it. Adequate advertising is mandatory in our bylaws in filling board vacancies to give the membership equal opportunity to apply. They have been inconsistent since Jul 2016 in following this bylaw. What is the motive?

That's 4 resignations, 1 ousted...(am I missing anyone?) since Jul 2016, 2 officers deposed...lots of maneuvering and jockeying for power going on. What does this say about their character?

The HPP bookkpr resigned.

This was the 3rd month in a row where a board mtg agenda wasn't posted. Richard Solie was the most experienced and knowledgeable in regards to finances, of all the reps...an accountant for over 20 yrs. Is this the reason he was deposed, then ousted? Are they hiding something? Something's not right w/this picture. If they're not hiding anything, then why aren't they answering our questions in a concise and transparent way? Why are they hiding financial details from the FC who is entitled to them?

The board didn't discuss returning any mailbox $ to members. They're having troubles connecting w/the USPS. This has been going on for many many months now. Why?

The GM reported they are moving ahead to CS another road. The board has never told the membership whether the Association, US, is in a CS contract, and if so for how many miles of roads and what are the total costs? If we're in a contract, then it's w/an unlicensed contractor and it was never voted for at a board mtg. Check the minutes. Is this what they're hiding from us?

We have SEVEN district seats open for the upcoming election. Not good! That means we'll have lots of newbies. I suspect new Dist 5 rep will run for her Dist 6. We have an illegal board committee, Election Committee = Conflict of Interest. What are their duties? Does anyone know??? Isn't it covered in our bylaws already under Nominating Committee, a membership committee?

So why don't you throw your hat in the ring ??
Why don't you answer some of the questions Obie?

Mermaid that is exactly what they are hiding from us!
[quote]Originally posted by Leliu5th

I cannot get an address for my lot until I have a building permit? Is this true?[quote]

The Building Department issues STREET ADDRESSES when you apply for a building permit.

You may have a vacant lot that has a street address if a permit had been pulled but no structure was ever built.

Hope this helps,

Morgan Sky
The Building Department issues STREET ADDRESSES when you apply for a building permit.

Correct: street address assignment is a side effect of applying for a building permit.

You can also just ask for your street address. A street address does not imply residential use; you could just as easily be receiving FedEX shipments of supplies for a "permitted agricutural use" which does not require any permit, license, or inspection.
I understand that all the votes had to be in 4/1/17. Is there a result?
That's the due date for the road maintenance fees. The money and the votes are due in June or there's a 25% late fee.

So if you vote yes you are expected to pay money for the mail box but if you vote no, you don't pay?