Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa getting a new shopping mall
Minor, but it you look above, it was for a half.
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Here is my guess.

The market will be Cash and Carry.They had plans for a new store but the property they selected has a problem with leaking gasoline storage tanks that will require millions in cleanup fees.

The hardware will be ACE.They need a bigger space.The parent company owns the property across from the Post Office.

Sherwin Williams paint.

Dental ,Medical moving from the Blackrock Center!
I had heard from a reliable source that KFC is closing and are looking for other businesses to take over in that spot. It never seemed like the right location for a KFC since we have Malama Market who has choke kine chicken which is actually pretty good and much cheaper than KFC. Anyway - the rent is huge and although my friend may be looking for a spot for their business...this one is WAYYY outta the ballpark money-wise.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Im not surprised. There's never anyone in it. And if the space rent is really high...the only ones capable of moving in are national fast food chains like Taco Bell or Starbucks. Maybe KFC will move into the new mall when it's finished?
Pahoa is the exact kind of small town that Dairy Queen specializes in, they are in small rural communities like Pahoa all over the mainland. I wonder if they have any franchises in Hawaii? I bet DQ would actually do pretty well in Pahoa or Keaau, it's ice cream weather here all year round, and there are certainly tons of kids, who are their main customers.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Ooh! I used to enjoy DQ as a kid when I lived on O'ahu. Yum!

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

DQ is in Kona... So google maps says... Even the DQ locator says so... hmmm also says it's in hilo too but I haven't seen it.
There was a DQ in the little food court in the Hilo
Bay Cafe shopping center, but a few years ago it moved to
PK mall, don't know if still there. Still one in Waimea in the Parker Ranch food court.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Dairy Queen! Please, NO! There's no "dairy" in it - just powdered non-dairy mix then frozen. But Baskins-Robbins would be great! Our big treat when we go to Hilo town is a coffee shake at B-R. So good.
There was once a DQ in Pahoa. Don't remember exactly when/where, though.