Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Year In
I too thank you Kelena for your heartfelt post. It's been a long trip of back and forth for myself as well, life circumstances change, plans change, all the ups and downs. I've read your posts for the past few years, but this one hits particularly close to my heart. It's important to reflect, and as 2012 closes and the new year begins, I embrace openly what the new year shall bring us all on the Big Island. :-)

Enjoy the day! Ann
Enjoy the day! Ann
Mahalo, Ann. That is very kind of you. I am grateful to all of you who were a part of my year, including those who were kind enough to comment in this thread. Sometimes I view the island as a particularly beautiful and elaborate stage set, with swaying palms, molten lava, icy peaks with gauzy clouds swirling about, and goddesses flying about on cables, disappearing into green scenery. Whatever happens against that backdrop is bound to be a little more intense. Sometimes I feel like that French guy in South Pacific. It doesn't end well, but what happens in between is full of song, beauty, romance and delicious peril. If you try, you will find me where the sky meets the sea.

--Edited to remove poetic excess.
Thanks again, Kelena, for your island-inspired poetry. Your writings are a pleasure. I hope the new year brings you joy and peace, gratitude and love.

As for me, I wish the new year to bring more time in Puna, my home away from home.

Mahalo!
`Auhea wale `oe e ke aloha lâ
E ka mea ho`eha`eha pu`uwai
Na wai e `ole ke aloha ia lâ
A he waiwai ua sila mua ia

A`ohe kohukohu o ka ua lâ
Ke pili mai me a`u ka wahine u`i
`Aia ko`u hoa a e kohu ai
O ka `i`iwi hulu `ula o ka nahele

Hui:
`Imi au ia `oe e ke aloha lâ
Ma na paia `a`ala o Puna
A i hea la `oe i nalowale iho nei
Ho`i mai no kâua e pili
Puna: Our roosters crow first
E nani e. That is beautiful, EightFingers. I have not heard that one before, but I will study it now. Mahalo. It is pertinent, poignant and very Puna!

So many Hawaiian songs contain the words "'ahuea wale oe" which I think means "where are you?" Where is my love, Kamalani? Please answer me, Kamalani.

I think there should be a Hawaiian song that says "I know exactly where you are. I see you in the flaming plume that towers above the House of Ferns. But I cannot approach lest I perish in your angry flame. I will feel the flame within and carry it away with me like a torch that lights the dark places."

Kelena,

NOT trying to be mean : )

There is not a song like that for a reason .......... Too vindicKtive IMO !

aloha,
pog

edit to remove ... Opinion to Kelena which should be private.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelena
I think there should be a Hawaiian song that says "I know exactly where you are. I see you in the flaming plume that towers above the House of Ferns. But I cannot approach lest I perish in your angry flame. I will feel the flame within and carry it away with me like a torch that lights the dark places."

You can write one!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Edited. TMI.
NOT picking on you but " Mind you, Pele is merely a myth. " ???

o.k,
I sorry too.
aloha,
pog
Pele is not a myth. She is real.

Ko'u hewa.

E kala mai ia‘u.

Now everyone go in peace and aloha.