Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaumana Killing- Don't look around house unarmed!
my post was based on a poster that showed a picture of a Hammer and picture of a Bushmaster...

thanks for link, interesting
but a blunt object is not always a hammer, I have baseball bats and axe handles in my truck, they would qualify...
and "hands/fist/feet" are more than blunt objects too ???

only 12,664 murders? and only 15 died from rape?? 5 were poisoned? etc. etc. seems extremely low to me...
Im going to have to read it more as the stats are all very strange to me so far...
ie 1,684 Other types of guns? (other than handgun rifle shotgun), thats nearly 5X more than shotgun, what other types of guns are there? flare gun? spear gun? bazooka?... maybe Uzi's??

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
quote:
Originally posted by DickWilson

Just remember these idiots in England are the same ones who think having camera's monitor you 24/7 is a good idea. They really are to stupid to be allowed to reproduce. Unfortunately we seem to be buying into the same stupidity.

dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"

Though I agree with you about the 24/7 surveillance. We should be worried about this too, the drones are coming.

I have to take issue with your ignorant and violent statement. The idea that people should be allowed, controlled, regulated, etc... Is the prevailing violent threat we face today. These sort of ideas have lead to the 20th century being the first in history where of those that died of unnatural causes more people were murdered by their government then died in war. In fact 6 times as many people were murdered by government then died in all the wars of the 20th century and we had some Big wars. This is called Democide and it is currently the leading killer besides natural causes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide
Something to think about.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

thanks for link, interesting
but a blunt object is not always a hammer, I have baseball bats and axe handles in my truck, they would qualify...
and "hands/fist/feet" are more than blunt objects too ???

only 12,664 murders? and only 15 died from rape?? 5 were poisoned? etc. etc. seems extremely low to me...
Im going to have to read it more as the stats are all very strange to me so far...
ie 1,684 Other types of guns? (other than handgun rifle shotgun), thats nearly 5X more than shotgun, what other types of guns are there? flare gun? spear gun?...

I agree, I think axes fall into that category maybe, as we all should be well aware of in Puna, axes kill too. There is a guy who walks around my neighborhood with a bat, I should probably be more scared of him then someone with a rifle. I am not a fan of the FBI myself(very violent) however it seemed about the best source for these statistics.
Here are the statistics from 2007-2011 to give you a broader picture. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cri...ta-table-8
It should be noted that most handgun violence takes place in cities where handguns have been banned as part of the on going drug war.

Other guns might be the muskets that everyone seems to think are the only thing the second amendment applies to.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
afwjam,

The definition of violent crime in the UK is much broader than that of the US.
As I'm sure you knew - or the NRA website you copied it from. The definition
of murder is the same - you have 20 murders in the USA for every 1 in the UK
(a rate 4x as high). A glance in any US newspaper over the past few weeks
will tell you why.

I don't know the details of this case but it looks to be the usual - spouse on
spouse violence. The idea that everyone needs a shotgun to protect against this
paranoid fantasy that people are waiting to bust down your door is ridiculous.
Remember, any gun in the house is more likely to be used against you or yours than
a stranger. If that's okay with you then go for it.

If all it takes is the sound of a shotgun being "racked" to scare off the bogeyman
then I'm sure there's an app for that. The GunApp comes close. No chance of someone
stealing that and using it to kill children or policemen.

"Did you guys know that more people are murdered with hammers then with all rifles"

That's an interesting statement - and not just for your inability to spell "than".
In order to distort reality, you severely restrict one side of the equation while
expanding the other (it's actually hammers and blunt objects). Here's a quote for you:

Now, while rifles account for only a few hundred homicides every year, guns overall are responsible for many, many more murders — almost all of them. If you add up all the other methods used to kill people in 2011 (fire, drowning, poison, strangling, hammers, etc.), you get 4,081 non-gun homicides. That’s fewer than half of the 8,583 gun homicides. Guns killed more than 17 times more people than hammers and are responsible for nearly 70 percent of total murders. There’s a reason you don’t hear about mass hammering sprees.
PaulW, why do you always resort to personal attacks?

All I want people to make sure they know is that violent crime is way down in this country and falling every year. Again, violent crime is down over 50% in the last 20 years in the USA.

If one wishes to address the gun violence in this country, one would need to address the drug war. Considering Obama gave the Mexican drug cartels thousands of "assault" rifles, I doubt anyone will be addressing this problem anytime soon. However, even gun violence is down despite the record gun sales and liberalization of gun laws. Probably because law abiding citizens aren't the problem, so making them criminals with more laws wont help.

FEAR NOT! Its getting better all the time.

-Ron Paul
I guess it is coming to registering hammers, bats, axes and anything else we possess, I mean I think a person could probably be killed with a pen to the juggler! Someone said it is in the heart, evilness to committ murder and I am not talking a self defense killing is in the heart and mind of one with ill intent. I cry out to the universe, God or aliens either help this world or demolish it! These are evil, scary times we live in.

Just read today of a 76 yr old woman that called for a heating repair. The repair man found that someone has been living under her house cut a heat duct and diverted it to keep warm. Dead beer cans and liquor bottles all over. Creepy!

We use to have a Shepherd that was really a big love but sounded and looked ferocious (PaulW forgive my spelling if not correct, I noted afwjam use of then but didnt feel a correction was of importance), anyways back to the subject fo our dog! When he passed away we wished we had recorded his fierce bark and hook it to a motion sensor! ;D His bark from the garage kept bears away from the garbage cans at night and who knows what else he may have deterred from the house!
islandgirl
What personal attacks? You mean someone disagreeing with you? Pointing out your distortions?
Yes, quickly switch to talking about drugs instead, that's the way to do it.

Violent crime is indeed going down and that is great, but this is *despite* the guns, not because
of them. Similar countries with far fewer guns have far less violence. Without semi-automatics
in people's homes we would have had at least 26 less murders last year.

"Its getting better all the time."
http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_co...ts_its.htm
Coppercoin40, I can't believe I forgot to mention a dog! A dog is a wonderful form of defense that rarely needs to escalate to violence, not to mention a unconditionally loving best friend. However a dog wont help protect you from your loved ones, un-inventing pillows, knives and hammers might help. The violence is deep rooted in modern society, most carried out by government. Obama murdered 163 children in Pakistan and Yemen last year with drones, he shed no tears for them. Live Aloha and find a way to get away from our societies institutionalized violence. Love, compassion and tolerance are the only way forward.

"Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives."

-Ron Paul
Hey, the girlfriend has been released from custody.....

so many twists...
http://www.hawaii247.com/2013/01/09/poli...bing-case/

quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

Hey, the girlfriend has been released from custody.....

so many twists...
http://www.hawaii247.com/2013/01/09/poli...bing-case/

Yes. It is unfortunate that people jump to conclusions and say mean things they don't know. You are innocent until proven guilty, last I checked.

-Ron Paul