Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing local, being green, reducing global warmng
lotus that was a very nice response to this topic, i can put you in touch with a friend that does foster care work and says that there are quite alot of children here that can be adopted or just foster cared.

best,

noel

quote:
lotus that was a very nice response to this topic, i can put you in touch with a friend that does foster care work and says that there are quite alot of children here that can be adopted or just foster cared.

best,

noel

That would be cool Smile

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
Living a green life is a big part of the appeal of Puna to me. Growing a lot of our own food, being off grid, being responsible for our own water. It makes good sense for us and the planet.

The one way that the county could help is by improving mass transit, which is still not very good south of Hilo (although free). Hopefully those changes are coming. Shuttles running through the subdivisions up to the main drag would also be great.

I life in a small community where mass transit within town is free. I'm sure we all pay for it through taxes, but when you get on the bus you pay nothing. This is the best way to insure that everyone gets out of their car. As Puna grows, my hope is that mass transit is improved and that free shuttles within the subdivisions are added. (I understand that HPP is now looking into the idea of providing shuttles within the community.)

Edited by - hpp4me on 07/06/2007 05:03:57

Edited by - hpp4me on 07/06/2007 08:41:27
aloha lotus,

please email me at emorata@yahoo.com and i'll put you in touch with my friend so she can give you an idea about what she does with foster care and also adoption processes in puna area, there really is a need for sponsors in the area.

noel