Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug Dealers on Pahoa Main Street
Actually being retired from the Police Department here, they DO receive direct seatbelt enforcement funds. A majority of the time the officers doing seatbelt enforcement checks are either Traffic Services or are patrol officers on paid overtime. Actual patrol Officers that are on duty are NOT used for seatbelt enforcement, they are extra on the road for just seatbelts. Its a bit different over here since we don't have any federal interstate highways on the Big Island.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KG6HMBY

At the end of the Hawaii Police survey they ask what they can do to serve us better.
If enough of us fill it in and mention the drug dealers, who knows...

ETA: Thanks for the link, hikatz
Pakalolo is NOT a 'drug', get over it, thats what makes Puna Puna and why WE live here..... move to Utah if you no like the paka, you obviously chose the wrong spot in Hawaii to lay down you 3 BR home with that white picket fence, dog, and 2 kids...
Just my opinion ...

aloha brah Wink

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Paul, I did exactly that when I filled out the survey today.
drug (noun)
3. something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness

Your "opinion" is wrong.
Filled out the survey. Thanks for the link.
ourdoc,
I didn't consider that Hawaii wouldn't get much Fed highway funds. I suppose other than on Oahu there isn't much labeled as Interstate. However, Hawaii does get Fed Highway funds. It could be that Hawaii gets more for seatbelt enforcement for some reason. It could also be that my agency got some funding specifically for seatbelt enforcement I was unaware of, as we certainly had clickit or ticket drives. They were also largely traffic unit programs although attempts were made to involve all of Road Patrol. I'm not aware of the Feds paying the OT for them or OT being paid for them period. I could be wrong. Although I was the supervisor for a small traffic unit for a couple of years, traffic wasn't really my forte. I would imagine the Feds still hold Hawaii to account for seatbelt usage as tied to some funding. By whatever method the taxes are returned locally, I think they should have stayed local as well as decisions on how they are spent.

It's good to see Hawaii Law Enforcement (Ret LEO I'm assuming) on here. I sometimes try to give an ex-LEO's perspective on LE related topics here while fully realizing my experiences might not always apply. I'll readily concede your superior local knowledge in such matters..... while reserving the right to be argumentative if the mood strikes.

Sorry for the partial hijack.

It is unfortunate if the PD is essentially writing Pahoa off. If that is the case and it can be demonstrated, it might make an interesting article in a national publication, for someone with the writing skills. It could be embarrassing enough to provoke some action.

Edited unsuccessfully for clarification.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Filled out the survey also. TY for posting that link.

"Today I am better than yesterday, but not as good as I will be tomorrow."
deej
"Today I am better than yesterday, but not as good as I will be tomorrow."
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

drug (noun)
3. something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness

Your "opinion" is wrong.

you forgot: 1.medicinal substance: a natural or artificial substance given to treat or prevent disease or to lessen pain.

Also by the simple definition you gave, coffee, alcohol and tobacco are more drugs than marijuana as they are addicting, habitual and cause a marked change in consciousness, all three.

Thanks for the survey, filled it out!
Certainly, alcohol and tobacco are drugs too. I think marijuana should be as legal as they are.
Even then, the drug dealers will still be there, selling whatever isn't legal.
That's what criminals do.