Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the aloha?
quote:
Originally posted by CheerDaFUP

...Don't you guys like ANYTHING about living here?

Personally, I LOVE pretty much everything about living here with the exception of the high price of electric...so I went soloar!

You will be in for a rude awaking if only 96% of the whites there are racist. 100% of the whites here are racist so I would recommend just staying put.

With much love from PunaHate.

edited to change haole to white so as not to offend Kalakoa
Even I find this offensive.

Repeat after me: HAOLE IS NOT A SKIN COLOR.

This is true of all epithets. Judge the individual, not the skin they happened to be born with.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Even I find this offensive.
Repeat after me: HAOLE IS NOT A SKIN COLOR.

Just in case you didn't get it...I was using sarcasm!

However, the literal translation of haole, might not mean white but that is how it is now used in Hawaii. Personally, I don't find it offensive at all unless F'ing is used in front of it but fortunately I haven't been on the receiving end of one of those!

I will edit my above post to use "white" so that you are not offended.
Locals use the "H-word" the same way some mainlanders use the "N-word".

Neither is a skin color.
I believe if you are looking for racism you will find it anywhere. For someone who sees 96% of a specific population as being racists, in my opinion, is looking for racism or will find it wherever they go. This individual doesn't seem to have an issue with any other race as he specifically called out whites. No mention of any other ethnicity or racists in general just "whites". This is a forum so you are only reading what a person posts and you don't know the individual but that is my take on it.

As for haole, I believe it is racist in certain context but not others. Again, that is just my opinion. Some people will be offended by it's use in any form while others only in specific use. I disagree as not all locals use it as the "N-word".

I won't talk any further about the use or meaning of haole as it is hijacking this specific thread. Although I'm not exactly sure where this thread was heading in the first place Smile
.....Haoles With Attitude.....
.....HWA.....

Nope, doesn't have the same feel.......
Puna: Our roosters crow first
LMAO @ Eightfingers[:p]
OMG!