Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
yes very sad, so young Sad hope this gets solved for closure for the family
islandgirl
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

5-4 to 5-8
Id thing measuring a loose decomposing body found in saltwater while it laying flat would be an estimate ie 5-4 to 5-8

common sense IMO Wink

Actually, no, not common sense.. Having picked up a few like that in my job you can still measure, bones do not give way that quickly and your height is purely skeletal. Besides, an autopsy was completed before the last story was printed so they know exactly how tall she was.
If you read the comments here from Boaz's family: http://damontucker.com/2013/05/31/missin...ane-royal/

Doesnt sound like murder was at the top of his list -

Either way this goes, it is not good.
I've heard rumors of an eastern european type gang working that area down there. I anyone know anything about that?
What does "an Eastern European gang working down there" mean?
Would make sense since there have been a few random acts of violence by folks described as "Russian," but in my experience anyone from the Balkans, which is Eastern Europe, could be misconstrued.
Living on the side of creation.
In all sincerity, I wouldn't camp anywhere on this island without proper protection for myself and the people who accompany me, BECAUSE of the weird **** that happens on this Island.

It's a beautiful place with wonderful energy- in the day. But at night, it's a little different, Eerie even. The animals get drunk and drugged with no regard, The wonderful energies turn darker or destructive, seemingly. Or am I just the only one perceiving this?
What's proper protection? It seems that only the baddies are the ones truely armed and seriously dangerous. I really doubt it was gang related.....
Regardless if it was gang related or just an individual incident, it happens enough for all of us to be aware. And "proper protection" is what you deem, my friend.
Just a reminder that we don't know who killed the young woman, we don't know if the young man was involved or what his current situation is. We also don't know if Eastern European gangs are presently roaming the Kalapana coast, turning the area into a horror zone after the sun goes down. And if there are gangs, we don't know that the young man and woman had any contact with them.

I walk outside every night in Puna with my (small) dogs. I have never been strangled, and have not seen anyone strangled, and have yet to notice roving gangs of any nationality. All I ever come in contact with are the warm breezes blowing across the island, and a sky filled with stars, planets, and the Milky Way, or sometimes clouds. If I do need to run away from something, it's only the rain.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves