Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP in Trouble Again
Someone has to look into if the health department has sited anyone else for the really marginal things it's writing HPP for. It seems fishy
@ chunkster..."why such a convoluted process was contracted in the first place without thinking it through." come on, the gm thinks for us all!
How is this "imported"?
If the green waste is from the roadside in HPP, are not all roads and right of ways one contiguous property?

As for the LIVE pigs I would assume the Yahoo's, (see definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_%28Gu...Travels%29), who are dumping their garbage there are the same ones dumping at the end of dead ends or behind the mail boxes. At least this makes it easier to clean up after them, and photograph them for that matter.

Question, how does the State Highways Division get away with doing the same thing, if it is such a heinous crime? There was an opala pile in the Panewa stretch for thirty years in front of the UH farm. Now the whole area is one.

Of course consolidation!

When you finish a can of beans what do you do?

(A) get in your car and drive to the dump to dispose of one can.

(B) Consolidate your cans , wrappers, and paper in a trash can and take it all at once at the end of the week.

© None of the above, throw it in neighbors vacant lot. (see definition above)

The end result of this will be added expense, which will be passed on to the lot owners, who will then complain about the increase in fees. Why do we insist on biting our own tail.

"We have met the enemy, and they are us"
Grubbing work entails removing substantial amounts of vegetation. It's not just the occasional bush or tree, but lots of them. They don't take one bush or tree at a time to the consolidation point, but more likely a truckload. Why not take the truck to a legal transfer location? How does hauling everything twice save us money? The consolidation point is several miles farther from the transfer station than the grubbing point.

I will agree that we are biting our own tail, but only in the sense that this whole process was not adequately planned by management.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

I will agree that we are biting our own tail, but only in the sense that this whole process was not adequately planned by management.

Yes! There's nothing wrong with having an idea but ideas need to be backed up with a plan BEFORE going forward. Management of the second largest private subdivision in the country can not go off half-cocked! To insure that you are doing your best for the people the you work for proper procedure needs to be followed. If HPP management wants a green waste site the absolute first thing they needed to do was find out what was required by state & county law (permits, environmental studies, etc). If they can provide those things then they should take the proposal to the people/owners of the subdivision. Once you have the owners okay & the necessary okay from the government then and ONLY then do you start a dump site! You can not just start it, simply hoping no one will notice and once they do THEN start the permit process.
What time is the meeting tonight ?
6 p.m. Bring popcorn.
Before people go to that meeting all hot and bothered, demanding that heads roll and people pay with their jobs, they should remember that this practice has been going on during the reign of at least 2, maybe 3, road crew managers, and multiple HPPOA boards. Whoever decided to start piling the green waste there is probably long gone, and their replacement inherited a set of practices. If they had come in and drastically changed how business was being done people would have been screaming about wasted time and money.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
quote:

County runs the same way -- HPP merely follows their fine example.
Carol, I respectfully submit that nothing on the scale of what is piled there now has been present in the previous 12 years I have been associated with HPP. Yes, there has long been some in the past along 16th where there is a primitive "no dumping" sign. The several house-sized heaps behind the shop and more to the interior of the service yard, however, are rather dramatic comparatively and probably what put this on the DOH radar.