Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteer needed!!!
Hi Cajun,

Ive never been to Cajun Country, would you mind going to this address in the Bayou and taking some pictures for me, Id like to know what it looks like there, do it as a act of kindness!"

Im just joking, but thats what I read when I seen this post.

I am glad your house in not in glanview, it is a mud pool there. Congrats on your land, I don't know where your lot is, but as long as its not in a bad spot, you will love it here.
Yes I agree, the lots are very small. Thankfully I was able to buy two along side each other. I will actually be coming over in a few so its not a big deal if no one volunteers.
Anyways, if someone would like to recommend a nice place to dine while I am visiting, that would be appreciated too...
....."Just think about it & do the right thing"....
Well actually, hospitality is what we are known for around our neck of the woods...I would be more than happy to take some pics for you, the swamps and alligators are plentiful here. I am what some folks call back woods country folks, so acts of kindness from our long distance neighbors is part of the survival here. Its not uncommon to have someone show up with a plate of food, fresh baked pie, tons of vegetable from their garden to share. Damn, maybe I should just stay here...heehee or maybe I can teach others to be hospitable...only time will tell...

quote:
Originally posted by Oneself

Hi Cajun,

Ive never been to Cajun Country, would you mind going to this address in the Bayou and taking some pictures for me, Id like to know what it looks like there, do it as a act of kindness!"

Im just joking, but thats what I read when I seen this post.

I am glad your house in not in glanview, it is a mud pool there. Congrats on your land, I don't know where your lot is, but as long as its not in a bad spot, you will love it here.

quote:
Originally posted by cajunman1973

@ leilanidude, it doesn't matter if anyone thinks its a good place to live or not. Per the demographics the crime index shows it is safer in my area than in the majority of the rest of the puna area.

Actually, you asked (in your original thread) for any help and opinions about the area. People gave you honest answers.

Most of us have been through the process of trying to find a good spot to live in and Puna housing is way different than what you find on the mainland. We have learned (sometimes painfully) how to select a lot/house. I don't believe that anyone here wants to see someone else fail.

As to demographics/crime, that is an another thing that is vastly different in some areas here. In the more remote subdivisions, crime just doesn't get reported all that often to the police because the police either do not respond, or response is so slow, that the response ends up worthless. Police follow-up is sometimes non-existent as well.

If we go up hiking on Rd R this weekend...we can probably swing by....but the hiking depends on DH & the rain...so...

Hilo:

Ponds has a solid service with wonderfully tropical window seats in Ice Pond section of Hilo Bay

Hilo Bay Café overlooks Hilo Bay, and has fusion cuisine

Bears quirky coffee house that has some good breakfast items

Conscious Café is Big Island Booch's new eatery next to Bears, good locally sourced fresh breakfast (no coffee offerings)

Chaing Mai solid "Hilo Thai" (though the heat can vary from medium being mild to medium being Thai med)

PukaPuka has the best Puna lamb...

For Japanese, Ichiban & Sunlight have a very solid service with nice seating, Ocean Sushi cannot be beat for value...but not the greatest ambiance

Lucy's is the best deal for absolute quantity of food for the $$

best early morning standard breakfast deal (under $5) would be Kuhio Grill

Keaau:

Spoonfuls is the only fairly solid service, Thai fusion

Pahoa: (with a caveat - service & food quality is more likely to be variable in Pahoa)

Tin Cup Bakery is the most "Pahoa" ambiance

Nings for Thai (last 2 times have varied a lot...so..)

Kaleos & Paolos are the higher end, but have had really good & really not worth it... so..

Volcano:

Ohia café & Ono Café are our 2 favorites for before hike snacks...

Thanks for that Carey,

How bout I treat you guys to your favorite place in Volcano in appreciation of your kindness.

Will try and make the connection when I come over.

Thanks...

cajunman1973,

Please ease up on the use of quoting. It is not necessary when posting directly to another comment. It is useful when referring to something posted somewhere back or when the page turns a corner.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Sorry Rob, I guess I am still new to all this...will do....

Thanks
I hear where your coming from Cajun. I am also really helpful and close with my neighbors. My last neighbor was Charles Babcock Jr, son of famous Jamaican Radio DJ.

I think I am quite a bit skeptical about people online. Just my generation I guess.
Did you buy your lots using a realtor, a buyer's rep or the seller's rep? Seems like they would be motivated to please a valued customer by supplying more pictures.