Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Positive Side of Double Hurricanes
positive side - an excuse to turn off the electronics, drink beer and stage a 24-hour monopoly game tournament!

stay safe, everyone!

Cheers
-Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov
Batten down the hatches, hunker down and be safe. Love to AlL my Puna bruddahs and sistas. Wish I was there so I too had an excuse to eat ALL that ice cream[:I] sadly my ticket there is dated 8/22. Hoping there is something left to return to [:I] keeping you ALL in my thoughts and prayers! Oh and coquis? Yep, west, all the way back from whence they came[:o)]
More free range chickens (like Kauai).
Hopefully you have secured your plywood with more than one deck screw in each corner, have stocked up on all the basics and have hunkered down with lots and lots of warm blankets to hide under and ride it out. May you and your family be safe through it all, pela ka'u waiha me ka'u waipa aku la 'oe e ke akua, amen.

Community begins with Aloha
theres not a lot of excitement in the forest. i like storms. i have a lot of windows. the best thing about having back to back hurricanes is that it will probably make very little difference to me Smile

#10048;
#10048;
Upside: My work closed for the day, so I get a 'snow day'! Also, I'm in desperate need of water for our catchment, as our gutters were plugged for the last rain (oops!) Additionally, I would love to say I'm grateful for the sunshine in upper Puna yesterday! What a gorgeous day!
quote:
Originally posted by Tink... lots of warm blankets....

Now that's funny.

Sorry, technically YOU have to get them warm, so make it fun! Meant the big fluffy kine you can hide under.

Community begins with Aloha
Here's a positive note... looks like the hurricane has lost it's eye just in the last few hours which means its breaking down hopefully to a tropical storm.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=904046706279458&set=a.580831201934345.148778.100000224115565&type=1&theater

They say that whether it's a marginal hurricane or a strong tropical storm ...makes little difference as far as rain and flooding damage. But it does make one heck of a difference insurance wise. If it hits as a hurricane...most people that have hurricane insurance will have to file claims with "huge" deductibles of between 5,000 and 10,000 dollars before they pay for anything. If it goes in as a tropical storm...your homeowners policy covers any damage with only a 500 to 1,000 dollar deductible.
Also when driving to get propane, I noticed all the yards around are picked up! Looking VERY nice up here in Orchidland. Smile

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com