Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Invasion on 25th HPP Right Now
Time to apply your tag line Carol ... LOL !

Hope you feeling better.
aloha,
pog
I think i'll order one of these thingy's. with rubber bullets of course.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-...ntry-robot

When in Rome.. Do as the Romans do....
POG,
I live in HPP, this is my community being talked about, this is my business. I don't know about some of the other posters on this thread though, I'm pretty sure most of them don't live here.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
the problem that bothers me is nobody wants to point out the obvious. (for example)...

The least serious type of felony in Hawaii is a class C felony. Class C felonies are punishable by up to five years’ imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000. (Haw. Rev. Stat. §§ 706-640, 706-660.) Theft of property worth more than $300 is an example of a class C felony.

(Up to 5 years), they rarely get the maximum sentences . Even with an assault charge added on , you ( might) get a year in a half to two years..
You might as well spank them on the butt.. for all that a short sentence does. Hardly an incentive to stay out of trouble.
Perhaps bring back the 'Three strikes..your out'..program.

I know already Carol,

My point was don't bother arguing ( pulled into ) with these two.

Side note is, as an outside ( and NEUTRAL : ) observer, (edit
: more of ) your posts here on Punatalk have taken on a new, more surly and cynical tone since you hurt your knee.

The not my monkeys thing is just off.

aloha,
pog

double edit after thinking about above ... None of my business I know, only putting up as observation. Taking off jacket now.
alaskyn66 makes a really good point, as long as the judges on this island keep giving violent felons a minor slap on the wrist and then turn them loose in the community again and again we will keep having violent offenses occurring in our neighborhoods on a regular basis.

Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol

Polish Proverb
Appropriate punishment may be lacking, but in this case (and too many others), they have to catch the thieves first. As far as I know the two burglars who assaulted the homeowner are still at large.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
A hurt knee could make the Pope surly, just sayin.
Its like poor mans gambling, if you get a away with it.. You win a bit of money...if you lose you get free room and board for a couple years.

Oh... and free medical/dental.

Stir it up. Little darling, stir it up.