Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Group Designates UFO...
The next time I see some waving maniac floating on a broom near the summit, I can assure you I will treat them with the utmost respect

Probably a good idea. With those 100 mph winds on the summit this week, it might just be one of the janitors looking for a hand to get both feet back on the ground!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOTPE, it's so windy up there that even us Brits have had to stop carrying our brollies around. Open up one of those umbrellas and within a few hours it'll end up in California.
Aliens, schmaliens. Just more annoying tourists flying here and taking selfies. Whatevs.
Originally posted by TomK
HOTPE, it's so windy up there that even us Brits have had to stop carrying our brollies around.

Sounds like a missed opportunity - closer first hand look at the heavens and hopefully meet and greet the Star Visitors. Could be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

EDIT: typo - apparently used up all my vowels, had to draw some tiles
Looks like there may be a parking problem at the Puna Interstellar Landing Pad. A new report calculates that hundreds of billions of potentially habitable planets may exist in the Milky Way Galaxy. That could be a lot of visitors in the future:

http://io9.com/a-new-calculation-predict...1683956551

Of course the key word here is "potentially habitable." From our perspective as well as their perspective. I mean, once the alien insurance companies find out about the lava flow and the lack of available terrestrial insurance coverage in lower Puna, interstellar travelers may find their carriers will follow suit and refuse to honor policies should they deem the area around Kalapana, "Potentially Uninhabitable."

"We flew all this way, and you couldn't land in a potentially habitable zone 3 or more? Next time we go to Alpha Centauri where the resorts have valet parking."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Hey, we all know Alpha Centauri is the mega inter-galactic commerce center. The Big Island just needs a little catch up time. I'm thinking we shift the operation over to Kohala, numerous resorts with ample parking, the heiau above Spencer beach as a ceremonial landing pad and the insurance policies are still holding strong. It's a win-win.