Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat belt ticket in Pahoa
Either Calif. $271 has been decreased in the 6 years since I lived there, or this chart is wrong: http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/..._laws.html (It also has Hawaii at $92, so who knows?)
parked in the bank parking lot

Private property ... which was "open to the public" for six months, so magically becomes subject to traffic regulations. Brilliant!

Now, if they'd just share some of that revenue with the property owner...
I do wear a helmet when necessary ie. At significant speed or in traffic.

Have you ever watched an NFL football game?
A group of retired players just received a large settlement to pay for the brain traumas they received. While wearing a helmet. While standing in one place, walking, and running.

Wearing a helmet while necessary was considered to be from the moment they stepped onto the field until the moment they stepped off of the field. Even that wasn't enough.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Kalakoa: "Feel free to invoke your constitutional right to trial, though; we're all paying for the shiny new judiciary complex, might as well get some use out of it."

Unless the feds have taken on traffic court this comment is pretty far off base, as usual.
I believe New Hampshire does not have a mandatory seat belt law. The motto there is "Live Free or Die" which they seem to take literally.
The whole issue is quite logic and common-sense proof. The bottom line is that immobilized people are easier to "police".
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
quote:
Originally posted by bystander

I believe New Hampshire does not have a mandatory seat belt law. The motto there is "Live Free or Die" which they seem to take literally.

Are these the same license plates made by prisoners?

Oh...the irony.
What are your reasons for not wearing a seatbelt? What would you do if your insurance company refused to pay for your injuries if you were in a crash and it was found you weren't wearing a seatbelt?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I ALWAYS wear saftey belt, drive 35mph or less on the two lane past keaau, have current rego & insurance. May I go now officer?
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
FYI
I was told tickets are being issued for using the commuter lane on 130 if it is not between the posted 3:00 and 6:00 PM. The volume of traffic is not a consideration.