Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sovereignty squatters arrested
opihikoa:

"The protest on Mauna Kea is allowed by Federal and State law, which provides the constitutionally protected right to protest."

They can waive signs, ala Albertini on Waianuenue, and chant away, till the cows come home, but when you essentially set up a road block and refuse (whomever) to pass, that is NOT protected by the US constitution.

Granted, they have been allowed to do it by a spineless government, so in that sense it is not similar to the squatters.

PM2:

"Transcripts from Public Meetings in Hawaii (with the Department of Interior)- Wednesday, July 2 -- Hilo – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Keaukaha Elementary School

http://www.doi.gov/ohr/reorg/upload/Keau...070214.pdf"

Good golly, Miss Molly. Almost hard to believe that's legit. It almost sounds like some people _should_ live under a monarchy...

(Aloha! applause!)

Cheers,
Kirt
they have been allowed to do it by a spineless government

Exactly: banks don't screw around.
I read some of that......

I was amazed.........

Who is going to take these people seriously?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by VancouverIslander

Opihikao: It's too bad these people are using bogus reasoning for their foolishness. Don't worry, most rational people can differentiate between them and those making legitimate claims.

Just call me Mike

Mahalo for that, VancouverIslander. There are many that utilize this "excuse", however, there are those of us who continue to separate ourselves from bloody fools.

The effort in Washington DC is the fruit of decades of labor intensive negotiation, working towards "resolution". The nutjobs will no longer need to plead such a sorry case once the "lay of the land" is set. It won't fly now, it won't fly later. Hopefully, with resolution, it will remove this kind of claim.

Frustrating, to say the very least. Mahalo again for the understanding of the challenge.

knieft, the "spineless government" is a product of the USA, who overthrew the Hawaiian Kingdom. Lili'uokalani was not a spineless woman, but cared for her people. Kamehameha I (and others) would cut a throat in a heartbeat, if paths should cross. The two positions shall never meld, without effort.

Back to topic, these people should be able to work and provide for their families, instead of "squatting" on someone else's land. Never mind being an embarrassment.

JMO.

"...the "spineless government" is a product of the USA, who overthrew the Hawaiian Kingdom. Lili'uokalani was not a spineless woman, but cared for her people. Kamehameha I (and others) would cut a throat in a heartbeat, if paths should cross. The two positions shall never meld, without effort."

?

"Don't worry, most rational people can differentiate between them and those making legitimate claims."

Any examples of the people making legitimate claims? They certainly weren't there when the D.O.I. came to town, which was a time to conduct oneself in a legitimate way if ever there was one.
Sometimes, we should listen very carefully to the issue at hand, instead of trying to break down the efforts of some very educated Hawaiian people. By minimalizing the rights of kanaka maoli on our home land, contributes to the "warfare", as it were.

RE: DOI meeting in Keaukaha - Transcripts don't show the actual meetings on each and every island in Hawai'i. Did you folks see Maui? Oahu? Kaua'i? Quite substantial in both legal terms, and emotional testimony. The masses did speak "as one voice", no matter the differences, for a change.

For example, Mililani Trask, (Google her; many pages listing credentials) addresses the sovereignty issue in Keaukaha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6wy4hv-Mf4

Say what you will, however, Ka Lahui Hawai'i has the format for "resolution", on an international, federal, and state level, and has for decades. Do not minimalize the effort of so many, while you enjoy your piece of "paradise", no matter how long you've "lived" (and born here, etc.) in Hawai'i.

Back to topic, this sorry excuse of squatting on land that is no longer part of any "Kingdom", Nation, whatever, is HEWA.

Getting tired again of the constant demeaning comments about our culture, based on the actions of a few.

Oxygen sucking, to say the least. Ugh!

JMO.

ETA; Okina in the wrong place with Kaua'i. Kala mai.
"Getting tired again of the constant demeaning comments about our culture, based on the actions of a few."

Where have I made constant demeaning comments about anyone's culture?

...while you enjoy your piece of "paradise", no matter how long you've "lived" (and born here, etc.) in Hawai'i.

You really presume to put yourself in a position to be talking down like this to anyone whose home is Hawaii? You have some ranking system of your own?
"RE: DOI meeting in Keaukaha - Transcripts don't show the actual meetings on each and every island in Hawai'i. Did you folks see Maui? Oahu? Kaua'i?"

Since you asked, the transcripts for all the D.O.I. public meetings held throughout the state can easily be found here:

http://www.doi.gov/ohr/reorg/index.cfm

Those who are curious can see for themselves how the Hilo meeting compares with others.
When do we find out what reparations the new Hawaiian government owes to the Menehune?
When do we find out what reparations the new Hawaiian government owes to the Menehune?

Rainyjim for the win.