Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Na`i Aupuni `Aha...
Sorry Tom.

ETD silliness
@ dakine: Nai Aupuni was funded by OHA though a third party, and the U.S. Supreme Court saw through the ruse and blocked the election based on it. If you think that OHA isn't beset by cronyism and incompetence when they give huge telecom contracts to Sandwich Isles Comm. (CEO on the way to prison) and when people die on the waiting list, then you are more ignorant than most of us think you are.
Troll = anyone I don't agree with
So did you go to the meeting, dakine? No? That is mystifying! A chance to see something akin to the US constitution being crafted??
dakine wrote:

"I get it Chunkster, you're a troll."

Let's just substitute a couple of words in dakine's previous post and see how that works. Emphasis in the following is mine.

"I'm curious [removed], is that opinion of mine based on real personal experience with, you know, actual knowledge of the inner workings of Chunkster or are you just trolling to make inflammatory comments on stuff I know nothing about?"

See how this works, dakine?
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

So did you go to the meeting, dakine? No? That is mystifying! A chance to see something akin to the US constitution being crafted??

Still not getting it right. The colonist rebels had 3 constitutional congresses, to meet, not write any constitution. The congresses (congress just means meeting) eventually wrote the Declaration of Independence, long before the US Constitution.

The first constitutional congress developed a list of rights and grievances to send to the British monarchy and to develop a militia to fight British oppression. This is also when Tories started gathering, British sympathizers against the independence of the colonies.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
PT - how on earth does your comment relate to Paul's post which you quote? Totally mystified.
Originally posted by Chunkster
OHA fronted the money for the aborted election and for the convention. So it has everything to do with it and taints the entire process with its usual blend of cronyism and scandalous incompetence.

It's ironic that the same argument is often made by Hawaii sovereignty activists that any action of OHA cannot be trusted. You also working to restore the Hawaiian Kingdom Chuckster? Wink

For anyone not following the convention, they voted on Friday to adopt the constitution they drafted. This is a first step for those in favor of federal recognition. Whether they can gather sufficient support to meet DOI requirements for ratification remains to be seen, especially as sovereignty activists such as Aloha Aina scale up their opposition.
You also working to restore the Hawaiian Kingdom Chuckster? Wink

Let's see whether he's qualified to participate.
Is he unelected, and representative of no one other than himself?
Yes.
So that's the first step.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge
Let's see whether he's qualified to participate.
Is he unelected, and representative of no one other than himself?
Yes.

All kidding aside, there was a lot of discussion at the convention on the topic. Given that the election was stopped, on whose authority were the participants (not delegates) able to adopt a governing document? No doubt this will be a major point argued over as the ratification process moves forward.

As for the text of the constitution, this is supposedly a leaked copy. https://ahaalohaainadotcom.files.wordpre...tution.pdf