Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sports authority liquidating holdings
Will SA be having a great cut-rate closeout sale that brings their prices into competition?

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
quote:
Originally posted by Hawaii Bound

Yea, good riddance to any damn business that dares open up on our island! Good riddance to those jobs it brought to Hilo too. Nobody needs the jobs or benefits. Glad it's gone!!

Most of us have no complaints about businesses that come here that we need and that don't rip us off. Old Navy is doing well, Target is doing well, etc.

Sports Authority was doomed before it moved in - here and on the Mainland. Its business model is outdated.

I, too, would love a Petco! I had hoped one would move into old Safeway. But I - they def need expansion space.

So yeah, Petco in SA space! Yeah!
Our Sports Authority in Prince Kuhio Plaza is liquidating NOTHING. There will simply be a name change.
quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

quote:

Yea, good riddance to any damn business that dares open up on our island! Good riddance to those jobs it brought to Hilo too. Nobody needs the jobs or benefits. Glad it's gone!!

Most of us have no complaints about businesses that come here that we need and that don't rip us off. Old Navy is doing well, Target is doing well, etc.

Sports Authority was doomed before it moved in - here and on the Mainland. Its business model is outdated.

I, too, would love a Petco! I had hoped one would move into old Safeway. But I - they def need expansion space.

So yeah, Petco in SA space! Yeah!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

[quote]

[quote]Originally posted by DTisme

[quote]

Oh, please, all anyone does is complain when big business moves in. Actually, Sports Authority here seems to do a pretty good business. If you use their coupons combined with their sales they actually have really good prices.

Even on Punaweb these days all about anyone does is wine, complain and attack each other.

As far as Petco goes, I personally think they are extremely over priced.
No real deals at all, really. Tried to buy out all they had of a model of sea kayak to have shipped over from mainland for a business venture and wasn't worth it.

Community begins with Aloha
I have nothing against SA in general, but the few times I went there I couldn't afford to buy there. When I went there for ammo I found out that nobody actually works in or services that part of the store. I think SA is another casualty of online commerce. The only way you can really compete against cut-rate online prices is with exceptional service or selection and the local SA didn't deliver. I don't know about the other 450 stores.

We've been here before. When was the last time you saw a Tower Records, Blockbuster Video, or Borders bookstore? They are all casualties of technology and convenience changing the way we shop.
casualties of technology and convenience

Movies still available for rental at Mountain View Village Video -- perhaps we're lacking technology, or prefer the inconvenience?
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/18/news/com...y-closing/

The bankrupt company plans to conduct going-out-of-business sales at all of its locations that weren't already slated to close, according to a new bankruptcy court filing in Delaware.
It was the high amount of debt that they took on which ultimately did them in. Not surprising.