Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren malfunction on Kaloli Pt. J U L Y 9th
BIG Island there has been an island wide malfunction of the civil defense sirens. No emergency!
Coincidence? The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center went offline. Probably everyone checking the site. It just came back online a moment ago.

And now the bloody sirens have started again...

On the bright side, the new person at Civil Defense now knows what that button is for - LOL
Is this going on all night?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
It's like the worlds largest malfunctioning car alarm, except we're paying attention to it when it goes off.

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Good grief. Am I supposed to be able to sleep after this?
Ive only been on the island a few months now, and that siren was really freaking me out! Couldnt find anything online about it, until I thought to check punaweb, what a great forum. Glad I know its a false alarm, almost called my partner at work to get her all freaked out too Smile

seth raymer
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Coincidence? The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center went offline. Probably everyone checking the site. It just came back online a moment ago.

And now the bloody sirens have started again...

Well, I guess we now know that we shouldn't rely on that particular resource in the event of a real emergency.
I bet Gypsy finds a way to blame PGV for this...
Nothing in Hilo .. how come you guys have all the fun..

..And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon God they made...