Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb is sad.
"There are some people who insist on creating dissension and enjoying the result."
Punaweb, July 2006.

If you have more than one person then there are bound to be disagreements. Welcome to the internet.
I remember both those guys and several others. They really spiced things up around here didn't they?
It'd be interesting to see what happened to them. I do read He Who Can't Be Named's blog from time to time, but don't know what ever happened to Tom, etc.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Tom and I are good friends.

The other guy not so much !!
I've just taken a trip back 600 pages.. and if you look for the topics with the most posts... it's not any different than today. Different people (mostly) same attitudes on hot topics.

.... it's fun to go back and see what the topic of the day was..
Obie, how's his wife, last I heard she was not in a good way.
He isn't doing the chicken anymore is he?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
She passed away several years ago.
If you think Hawaii is sad, then what is this? The Punaweb people that are so dissatisfied with Hawaii island should move to Rio.

http://newsweekpakistan.com/corpses-excr...ing-venue/
Corpses, Excrement, Litter at Rio Olympics Sailing Venue

You know, these society models like Puerto Rico, Brazil, Phillipines, Guam, Jamaica, are examples where you don't want Hawaii to go.

*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I love punaweb. There are the inevitable off color remarks but overall this website offers good informational exchange between us Puna people. We have a lot of issues to deal with, it is good to have a place to sound off and to learn, hopefully. Thanks Rob
I am certainly the opposite of a prolific poster, but I regularly visit Punaweb, and read the threads I want to. I have learned to quickly scan and skip over the many thread that eventually disintegrate.

Edit: Over 10 years on Punaweb, and still a newbie [:X]
Eventual disintegration is to be expected.