Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New poll on big island shows strong TMT support
What would the anti-TMT groups like to see done with the summit of Mauna Kea? Remove all trace of telescopes and roads, disallow vehicles, and turn it into a nature preserve? Or is there an agreed upon goal?

Personally, I appreciate people bearing ideas more than people bearing criticism. It's easy to criticize.
What would the anti-TMT groups like to see done with the summit of Mauna Kea?

If they truly want it "restored", then it will be KAPU for commoners.

Including tourists. In a place where tourism is an important part of the economy.
"Yes, Tom, I should have hit the quote button to preserve dakine's latest racist rant. Now it's gone. <Sigh>"

No worries, Chunkster, it hasn't gone.

http://imgur.com/a/lNLk1

I think we can safely assume that in dakine's mind haoles = lily white a**holes. That's not very nice at all.
Tortured soul, posting his deluded nonsense then deleting it. I hope he finds help.
Again the poll numbers being shown are not surprising.
Our Island communities have been led down this Telescope road for more Jobs, better education, and promises several times in the past couple decades. There have been many Telescope-and-Hawaiian Culture or Tradition battles with our Island communities regarding Mauna Kea's Summit over the past several decades. Maybe the BLNR should just Bring in the U.S Military and National Gaurd next Time as to spare some of us this continued injustice, lies, and courtroom expense.

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/hawaiiansov...s2004.html

Maybe We should have laws in place that would make sure these large projects have considered other possible locations for their projects prior to the EIS report or said project's Ground being broken? Not much of any Data could be found in the 500 pg EIS report regarding the other possible locations for this TMT project, thus is probably the reason the TMT is scrambling now. jmo

"Maybe We should have laws in place that would make sure these large projects have considered other possible locations for their projects prior to the EIS report or said project's Ground being broken? Not much of any Data could be found in the 500 pg EIS report regarding the other possible locations for this TMT project, thus is probably the reason the TMT is scrambling now. jmo "

Extensive TMT site testing including links to information and documentation:

http://sitedata.tmt.org/

The EIS was specific to Mauna Kea once site testing was complete and the site chosen.

I disagree with your word usage !!! But instead of pinpointing my argument, I'm just going to link you to the dictionary.

Extensive TMT site testing including links to information and documentation:

http://sitedata.tmt.org/

"I disagree with your word usage !!! But instead of pinpointing my argument, I'm just going to link you to the dictionary."

Anyone willing to translate?
Anyone willing to translate?

As near as I can determine, airportparking is attempting to create a unique and challenging business model. Perhaps it's in the spirit of this Olympic season as we watch competitors from around the world push human endurance to it's maximum limit, airportparking wishes to do the same with a group of potential customers here on
Punaweb.

I would say tonight he has achieved, so far, a personal best.

The moon kind of surprises me sometimes. I’ll be out at night and I’ll see a nice moon, and say, “Hey, that looks good.” Then I’ll say, “Oh sh-t, I went up there one time!” Kind of surprises me. It’s like there are two Moons, you know—the one that’s usually around, and then that one. - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 astronaut
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Maybe We should have laws in place

Good one, needed a laugh this morning. Thanks.