Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbor assaulted me in my own yard - Ainaloa
That's why always good idea to check out the neighbors before buying a property. The first time I bought a property was on the top of the mountain on Maui. I was so happy walking the property when the sale finalized even though the whole place covered with thorny gorse hedges. But when I got to the front of the lot the next door neighbor drove her car right over the front of my lot to her house without even looking at me. So if she was trying to send a message I got the message and knew I had to get out of there. So I sold it to my other neighbor who told he wanted to exert more "control over the neighborhood." Had more intestinal fortitude than me!

I wish I kept that place probly worth 3times more now.
He must not have cared to hear the sound of breaking glass before 8am. Maybe you woke him up?
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

He must not have cared to hear the sound of breaking glass before 8am. Maybe you woke him up?

Water bottles* Sorry, should have been more specific. No one in my household drinks.
I wish I kept that place probly worth 3times more now.

If Kula, 4x or 5x for sure. I would have planted wattle where she drove, or along the border of your property with her's. She would have begged for mercy in no time.

The only thing worse than a bad neighbor in Kula, is an irritated neighbor with wattle.

- Be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions. - Work slowly. - Refer all matters to committees for "further study and consideration. - Hold conferences. - Make travel as inconvenient as possible. - Haggle over precise wordings of communications. - Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and avoid haste. (Excerpts from the WWII OSS Simple Sabotage Manual)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Make an appointment to speak with the police captn in Keaau or whoever is in charge. If you are not happy with that meeting go to the Chiefs office.
File a complaint with the police commission.
If you don't have money go to legal aid in Hilo and ask for help, let them know it has caused fear of further physical assault for you and your family.
I'd say call the mayors office, but don't have much faith in Billy K. I would still go thru the motions with their office by making an appt and filing a report.
Contact the Attorney generals office in Oahu.
Contact the Lieutenant governors office on Oahu.
Insist on speaking directly with each of these officials and filing complaint forms. Document absolutely everything.
You have a right to police protection and proper procedure which has been denied to you. You can sue the county.
Talk about it. Write a letter to the editor of the newspapers on Oahu and here. It's therapeutic and hopefully cleans up some bad police issues here. We've got a good chief but he can only do so much if people don't take a stand and demand their rights.
Good luck!

Edit to add: call the Ombudsmans office on Oahu. They will call you back and do a follow up.
I haven't been back to Maui in 10 years but it was the top of Olinda road. Had 3 neighbors. They were all haoles and hated each other like the Hatfield and McCoys. Not as bad as Mark Char on Oahu though.

Reminded of the 2 old Dateline episodes I obsessively watch on cable where the neighborhood feuds surfaced into murder not surprisingly both in California. One of the interviewees said "When you have a neighbor like that best thing is to just move out."
Make an appointment... File a complaint... go to legal aid in Hilo ... call the mayors office... Contact the Attorney generals office in Oahu... Contact the Lieutenant governors office... police protection a... sue the county... Talk about it. Write a letter to the editor of the newspapers...

At that point it would have been cheaper to offer a bad neighbor $5000 to drop the charges. Definitely faster.

- Be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions. - Work slowly. - Refer all matters to committees for "further study and consideration. - Hold conferences. - Make travel as inconvenient as possible. - Haggle over precise wordings of communications. - Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and avoid haste. (Excerpts from the WWII OSS Simple Sabotage Manual)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Sometimes easy and cheaper isn't the most ethical route.
quote:
Originally posted by gerconr

I DID NOT FIGHT BACK AT ALL DURING THE ATTACK.

At least you recognize your mistake.
You can sue him for medical expenses. You can also put a TRO on your neighbor.