Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw a sign said vote for Craig Crelly...
Did any one of you think that maybe someone put up that sign to get one of you keyboard warriors to get off of your ass and step up and put everything straight ?
"Keyboard Koa"..........,

Hmmmmm, I like it!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If you want to see who the candidates are, here's the agenda for the mtg tonight. Maybe Crelly has an opponent?

(FYI: There's never been a process called consider or accept slate of candidates until current Dist 5 rep got involved. It's not in our bylaws and there's no policy. The only requirement is that you own in HPP and are current w/your road fees period. The expiration date for applications is black and white in our bylaws and a precedent was set during the election period in 2015 to not accept ANY applications after the deadline no matter the reason! The entire Nominating committee should be provided w/all the applications, not just a select few)

Notice is hereby given that there will be a Regular Board of Directors meeting of the Hawaiian Paradise Park Owners
Association will take place on April 5, 2017 at 6:00 pm in the HPPOA Activity Center Library at 15-1570 Maku’u Drive in
the Hawaiian Paradise Park Subdivision, Kea’au, Hawai’i.

I. Call to Order

II. Roll Call

III. Approve Agenda

IV. New Business:
1. Consider the Slate of Candidates Submitted by Nominating Committee for Election
2017 – Robert Merrill, Chair

V. Adjourn to Executive Session (Legal and Personnel)
"Did any one of you think that maybe someone put up that sign to get one of you keyboard warriors to get off of your ass and step up and put everything straight ?"

Actually no, I can't say that I even follow your reasoning.

What would get me motivated to attend would be a group of at least 5 capable and willing Board members who actually follow our By-laws.

And when I read this, posted above by Mermaid,

"(FYI: There's never been a process called consider or accept slate of candidates until current Dist 5 rep got involved. It's not in our bylaws and there's no policy. The only requirement is that you own in HPP and are current w/your road fees period. The expiration date for applications is black and white in our bylaws and a precedent was set during the election period in 2015 to not accept ANY applications after the deadline no matter the reason! The entire Nominating committee should be provided w/all the applications, not just a select few)"

It lets me know not to expect any improvement as we once again have people, unwilling or incapable of following our By-laws.
It lets me know not to expect any improvement as we once again have people, unwilling or incapable of following our By-laws.

Well, "all you gotta do is" replace them with different people, and write more by-laws...

When you think it couldn't get worse, it does....

At the recent mtg to"consider the candidates", Dist 1 rep sd the GM had contacted him asking if a candidate could be removed from the list bc he didn't like this person.....so, they looked into the bylaw book and the answer is NO, they can't do that! We still don't know the duties of the Election Committee (an illegal board committee=meddling in the membership's election process=conflict of interest)...maybe Obie can enlighten us.

If you recall a post on an HPP thread about a membership mtg, where the GM at that mtg had crossed members names off of a sign up sheet for the Finance Committee, deja vu, a membership committee, whom are voted onto that committee by the membership. The GM was caught and was asked why he crossed names off...he sd he didn't like the people who had signed up. In most organizations, that act at minimum would've justified disciplinary action.

The GM and the board obviously still don't know the bylaws. The GM is an employee of the membership. He has no say in any of these matters. He was also an observer during business hours on our clock last year observing the counting of the ballots at The Eagles facility. This is highly irregular. He's become the 10th board member.

They didn't discuss which "reputable neutral entity" (required in our bylaws) would be receiving and counting the ballots. There will be a forum in late April where members can meet candidates for their district. Unfortunately, the board thinks they can vet the candidates and plan to Q & A the candidates. That's not in any of our bylaws or policies either. The board since Jul 2014 had been known to often vet applicants behind closed doors before filling board vacancies and now they think they can do this during members' elections? I think we should do a Q & A of the existing board and see if they know their bylaws yet. The board is supposed to stay out of the membership's election process. They can't seem to help themselves from meddling into it. Why?

Craig Crelly isn't running for Dist 6. Don't know if he pulled out or what as it wasn't discussed....OR was this a bizarro manipulative joke... > Obie said: Did any one of you think that maybe someone put up that sign to get one of you keyboard warriors to get off of your ass and step up and put everything straight? Yup, Bizarro. The sign some saw may have been Crelly's old campaign sign.
To avoid confusion on my above post...the board isn't planning on vetting the candidates behind closed doors. They plan to do a Q & A at the forum.
the board isn't planning on vetting the candidates behind closed doors

How can you be so sure? There's hundreds of posts here about how the HPPOA board "does whatever it wants".
kalakoa, you've got a point...

quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

the board isn't planning on vetting the candidates behind closed doors

How can you be so sure? There's hundreds of posts here about how the HPPOA board "does whatever it wants".

Come on !! Don't feed her paranoia !